New T and newbie question

DrJonnyD

Arachnosquire
This is the first time I have ordered a T online and she came today. The Question is this: I had her shipped over night and she has all of her digits and she looks hydrated. My only concern is that there is a section of hair missing on her butt and she has just sat in the same position for about two hours now (not moving even when touched). I am assuming her hair will grow back with the next molt, but should I be concerned over her lethargic behaviors? I am a concerned Daddy. She is a G. Pulchra, about 4".

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So how did you get her into her enclosure? I assume you didn't pick her up and place her in.

Abby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi there,

She sounds like she is okay.
She's probably taking in her new surroundings.
If she looks hydrated, and is not in a death curl, the I would give her some time to settle down.

Don't take for granted that she doesn't move right away when you touch her.
I've made that mistake before and sometimes they will just BOLT! scaring me to death.

Give her time before feeding her. Sometimes throwing in crickets as soon as you get them will stress them out.

Good luck with your beautiful T :D

Oh, and yes, once she molts, she'll get a new "suit", so no more bald spots :)

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
DrJ, Without photos I'm pretty sure this is normal from the t kicking it's urticating hairs. None of my pulchra thus far have lost theirs except faintly when approaching a molt. I'd say the indiv. is possibly in premolt. Keep the water dish full and remove food if not eaten. The spot will turn black and shiny not too long from now (possibly a long time at that size) and molt will happen shortly thereafter- if my guess is correct.

Cheers,

Terry

DrJonnyD

Arachnosquire
You guys are great. I will get pics tomorrow. Another question regarding g pulchras. She is brown right now. Will she get black as she matures or is this an indicator of her final color.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
DrJ, Interesting that you mention this. I've seen it elsewhere aboard as well. My first 2 pulchra went through a brown phase after 2nd molt, then back to black again. My 3 current small ones were black after 2nd molt.
Terry

DrJonnyD

Arachnosquire
Thanks Terry,
Good to hear there is some hope for my little girl. If I wastes a rosie I would have saved $150. I hope she darken up. I really like the blackness of the Pulchras. Obviously you do too. Hopefully someone else will provide us with similar stories. Thanks for posting.