New T’s incoming... Enclosure Check Time!

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
Hey all, picking up our new adds, and first OWs tomorrow! Super excited, just need some critiques on the enclosures. Fire away boiiz and ladies!

First up we have twinkle toes, the trapdoor wizard, the 1/2”-1” I. Mira for the first 2 photos.

Second is the bad boii himself, the can-I-hold-your-orange-T-yes-go-ahead, 1”+ OBT for the third photo.

Third is the pretty young thang with venom that makes daddy not have to pull out the shotgun on her dates, 1”+ P. Met for the fourth and fifth photos.

And lastly, freebie T, fuzzy bumpkin with angry speed, put the “pep” in tripepii, don’t let the blonde fool ya, 3/4”-1” N. Tripepii rockin the last 2 photos.

Alright, let’s fix what needs fixin BEFORE they go in the enclosures! Love and appreciate y’all!

Attachments

Last edited:

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
They look nice.
Out of those species, I'm only familiar with the obt.
If you can push the cactus down it will help keep it from webbing to the lid right away. It's pretty inevitable but they don't need any ladders. I also recommend putting things to one side. You want them to leave you a side to work from.
👍

Last edited:

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
These all look good. I know you've done your research but its always fun to see someone jump in with both feet. I know you've heard this, but don't underestimate their speed. I have all 3 of these OW species, and my P Met is significantly more erratic than the other two. All really awesome spiders, and your enclosures look great to me.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
More sub for the I. mira.

I'd reduce the height of the plants in the P. murinus enclosure, personally I'd have gone with something with more floor space but that won't hurt.

P. metallica/N. tripepii enclosures look good setup-wise but are too dry.

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
Thanks everyone! I’ll tweak them tomorrow before putting the T’s in 👍🏻

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
The half inch I. Mira will probably smaller than you think. At that size I use a 5 oz deli cup, but it all looks good to me.

Also hard to tell but make sure your vent holes are not too big.

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
Thanks all for the help! The T’s are in their new homes, and the P Met was quite a bit bigger than expected so we quickly replicated the previous enclosure with a bigger version and added more ventilation!

So awesome, and without a hitch! They’re all out and about, surveying their new digs. Really neat to have some OWs!