Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

New styles

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ShyDragoness, Oct 28, 2019.

1. ShyDragoness

ShyDragoness Arachnobaron Active Member

Advertisement
    Obviously not an urgent or issue thing, just a suggestion to implement some alternative styles other than the 3 we already have as I find most of them either too bright, too contrasting or just generally visually unpleasant in some other form. Below are some colours which may be more visually appealing. For context I do not mean each 4-5 main colours forming the style just the individual colours varying in saturation or brightness, possibly with an accent colour.

Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 23.06.34.png Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 23.05.28.png Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 23.06.11.png Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 23.04.46.png Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 23.05.49.png
    As for an example to some of the issues I find with some of the current styles..
    Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 23.12.53.png

2. MrDeranged

MrDeranged He Who Rules Staff Member

What skin are you using?

3. ShyDragoness

The one in the example is rainforest

4. MrDeranged

What device and browser are you using? It doesn't look like that on any device that I use...

PC: rainforest poll.PNG

Phone: rfpollphone.png

Does it look like it does for ShyDragoness for anyone else?

5. ShyDragoness

Im in chrome browser

6. lostbrane

lostbrane Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

CA
    I'm using Firefox/Safari and I just switched to rainforest on both with no issues.

7. MrDeranged

What device are you using? My screenshots were both taken using chrome on my PC and Mobile Device. Nothing has changed with the styles since the site moved to the new forum software almost 4 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2019
  8. AphonopelmaTX

AphonopelmaTX Moderator Staff Member

When I choose the Rainforest style, my screen looks exactly like yours and not like ShyDragoness. I'm using Chrome Version 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (64-bit) on a 2016 Macbook Pro running macOS Mojave 10.14.6.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. The Snark

The Snark هرج و مرج مهندس Old Timer

There are brightness and contrast settings for most browsers to customize your view. With FF there are many add ons and site specific is possible. For many mobile phones you can:
    1. Go to "Settings"
    2. Tap "Personalization—
    3. Tap "Display" and tap "Brightness"
    4. Remove the check mark next to "Adjust Automatically", then you can move the bar on the lower to adjust the display brightness of LCD, then click Ok.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  10. ShyDragoness

I'm on a chromebook

11. MrDeranged

Do you happen to have access to a PC or mobile device to see if the site looks like that for you on them as well? Unfortunately, I do not have a chromebook to test with.

12. ShyDragoness

Looks normal on my phone, cant say for pc as mines getting repaired atm

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.