new spiders

r_cafin

Arachnopeon
hi all,
I am going to a reptile show this weekend and im going to get a new T and was wondering if you could help me out with advice i am either going to get a h.lividium (cobalt blue) or a b.bohemia (mexican fire leg) hope i spelled it right>> any way any help would be appreciated..i think either one will be a great addition to my small and growing collection...thanks Ryan

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
cobalt blue sling............... Thats what I think you should get, I am aching for one my self.....lucky you:confused:

Mad Scientist

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'd say a Brachypelma boehmei all our Brachypelma's are great. (b. smithi, b. emilia)

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It all depends on how much you want to see your spider. A B. boehmi will remain in the open alot, a H. lividum will remain in its burrow most of the time. I have both these species and both are amazing spiders but if buying one it will come down to "do you want to see it alot" and temperament, the Brachypelma is not too aggressive while the Haplopelma...well. Good luck in whichever you choose.

Andy

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The best answer is to get both--you'll probably end up with both one day anyways! =D

kellygirl

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
From your sig, I see that you have only a G. rosea, and an A. Avicularia right now. I would say get the Brachypelma, with your experience. It will give you the 'hair flicker' experience before moving onto the 'mean nasty bitey' experience. Also, like others said, you'll never get to see an H. lividum.

Still, I noticed you list one of the 'wife' species.. that may prepare you for the aggressiveness of Haplopelma more than any other T will ;)

Bill