New spiders!

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
After all this time wanting new T's I'm finally gonna go and see Paul in person and get my T's tomorrow :D yayyy I'm happy now. Hehe now no one has to read me going on about how I want this T and that T.. hehe
Ok enough babbling out of me:D

krucz36

Chelcirator
Old Timer
congratulations! i love getting new bugs.
there's a store down the freeway from me tha thas P. regalis...mmmmm

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I got my new Ts :D I was origninally going to get only 2 but I ended up with 4 s'lings. Now my little family consists of:
1- 5" G. Rosa
1- 4.5" G. Rosa
1- 4" B. Smithi
1- 2.5" A. Avicularia
2- .75" B. Vagans
1- .75" A. Avicularia
1- .75" A. Versicolor

Yayyyyy :) :) I'm gonna take pics of all the babies so I can post them somewhere :D

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
PS Paul is cool in person. I would rather buy in person anyday than have to worry about the lil critters being mailed.. Hehe. I would buy from him again :D

krucz36

Chelcirator
Old Timer
congrats! sounds like you're well on your way to full-blown obsession...join us....

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
"congrats! sounds like you're well on your way to full-blown obsession...join us...."

Hehe I thought I heard an evil laugh when I read that. :D But thanks.. I'm sure I'm on my way to spider addiction. I don't know yet what I want next.. but I'm sure I'll think of something. Right now I need to think of 3 names for my new babies :D One is named now.. but the rest.. hm....any suggestions? :)

krucz36

Chelcirator
Old Timer
i always let my daughter name them. she's far better at it than i am.

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmm...too bad I have no kids. My first 3 T's are named after the way I designed my bedroom...Velvet, Vinyl, and Leopard. The fourth, I had no ideas so I named him (her?) Spider. Now the fifth I named after a friend's beautiful cat who died recently :( so that's Raven. Now for the last 3......

krucz36

Chelcirator
Old Timer
hmmm...you could name one of the red rumps Jeb, for Jeb Bush, since both of them invaded Florida.
since "avicularia" means "bird-eater" you could go for something avian...parakeet muncher....turkey dinner...god those are stupid. i can tell i'm doing bad when i irritate me.
ummm...favorite musicians? artists? athletes? authors? other things that start with either "A" or "M"? texas A&M university Aggies? S&M? Larry? Susan? Bort? Agents Mully and Sculder?
I dunno, i suck at this. i hope i didn't put you off your tea for life.
g

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hehe.... oh man.. I'm still no closer to a name for any of them. Well....when I do finally decide.. I guess I'll post :p

krucz36

Chelcirator
Old Timer
it's weird, i'm a creative professional, i work as a graphic designer and illustrator, i write and paint and all that, but naming any pet escapes me completely. i end up picking random words, or naming them after artists. many of my spders are just the initals of their latin names...CC the Chromatopelma cyanopuebescens for instance. the Mexican fireleg is named "socks" because...well, she looks like she's got socks on. dangit.
satchmo is a big rosie. ladybug is an okay name for an A. hurriana, i guess.

T

The Rookie

The Name Game

Hi Veronyka. Congrats on all of the new s'lings. i don't know if you read my post, but i'm working on getting my first, and i'm INCREDIBLY jealous of you right now. espicially over that A. versicolor s'ling you mentioned.
As for names, if I get a female, I'm going to name her Marla, after a character in Fight Club. I'm a big movie buff though, and that might not float your boat. I try to think of random names that would be normal on a human, but ridiculus on a spider; bud, sam, denise, samone, samantha, lou. you might want something a little more creative though.
Good luck with your new-found family. Again, insanely jealous.
The Rookie

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awww...don't be jealous. I wanted her for a long time. She was a little hard to find in person around here so I just went for the internet thing and found the guy living kinda near me. But I'm sure A. versicolors can't be that hard to find.. even tho it kinda was for me. Not in any petstores around here! But anyway, I have never raised an A. ver, I just have an A. avic and I've only had her for a few months. But she's hella cute too. All my T's are :) Anyway, if the pics come out ok I will post them. The A. versicolor is about 3/4-1" long right now. She's tiny. :D
PS as for names.. still haven't come up with one yet.

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
names for an a.versicolor......hmm , pastel , rainbow , shimmer , kal ( kalidoscope , dont know if i spelt it right , am very tired and long time since i used that word) maybe some mythical names like hyperion , hercules , andromeda , calisto , perseus , diomede etc., or maybe childhood characters such as tigger , pooh , shaggy :)

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

well, i have a strange tendancy to name my t's after infamous people like my female indian ornamental is named sadie may klutz(from the manson family) and my ex pet rosie was named lizzy bordon from that ax murderer in the 1920's, have'nt came up with one for my pinktoe yet;P ;P ;P ;P ;P ;P ;P ;P

R

Rookie

the name game continues

Hey Veronyka. If you're looking to name you're A versicolor still, and you say she's tiny, why not giving her a name that relates to that? Petit, maybe? That's small in french. I think you're from the US, and I doubt you guys know much francais. anyway, i thought maybe you could go with a name relating to her size. and..hopefully she'll live 10+ years and she'll be over 5 inches, and people will ask why you named her that, and you can say 'because she was so small when i got her'. just a thought.
Party on.
The Rookie

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
Then they will laugh at you, like when i called my pinktoe tiny.

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Actually, rookie, I studied French for years and even majored in it in college, so I do know quite a bit. French and Spanish, for that matter. :D
But I still have no ideas. I named my cats after vampyres, I might do the same for my spiders. hehe

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If anyone's interested, I finally named my new babies. So now the names are, as follows:
Velvet- adult B. Smithi
Vinyl- adult G. Rosea
Spider- adult G. Rosea
Leopard- juvenile A. Avicularia
Red- sling B. Vagans
Heidi-sling B. Vagans (because s/he's damn good at hiding from me, almost gave me a heartattack once)
Pink- sling A. Avic
Raven- sling A. Versicolor
:D

I know, I know, silly but hey they're cute=D