New spiderling! HELP!

Memnoch67

Arachnopeon
Hello, everyone. I am a new T. owner. My G. pulchra arrived this morning. It is about 1".
I have a question about the humidity in the container. I have left the substrate damp, but not moist. there is a little condensation on the lid and sides of the container, but not a lot. Is this correct, and is it ok to leave feeding it until Friday. I also received a tiny 1/8 to 1/4 terrestrial spiderling. it's a Curly Hair, sorry I cannot remember the proper name right now.
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank-You

Armstrong5

Arachnosquire
yea the condensation is fine...as long as you let it dry up a bit before you mist it again. with slings its always better to have a little to much than not enough bc theres no water bowl. just watch for mold after feeding the left overs of the food well mold quickly in a tank with that high of a humidity but yea that sounds about right for a sling. Good Luck and welcome to the most addicting hobby ever!!!

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The curly hair you mentioned is a Brachypelma albopilosum.

Make sure that you have ventilation holes in your enclosures, and keep the substrate damp. Usually a light misting once a week is enough moisture for spiderlings.

It's generally a good idea to fully research the requirements for the specific Tarantula you are wanting to keep before purchasing. It helps in the long run, and helps sway any "oops too much/too little" incidents.

Also, check out "The Tarantula Keepers Guide" by Stanley and Marguerite Shultz, its a rather helpful read into keeping Tarantulas, and the search function on the forum itself is a rather valuable tool. It has helped me in several incidents.

Memnoch67

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the help. I have bought and read "The Tarantula Keeper's Guide." It is an excellent book. I was just looking for someone to confirm that I had done things properly, as the book was not specific about how moist the substrate should be.
Thanks