New Snake

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got a new snake this afternoon, a big(to me anyways) columbian boa female. Her previous owner dumped her at the pet shop and refused to go back and get her, or pay her boarding fee. After she stayed there for nearly 6 months, the owner of the shop finally decided to find her a home, and I payed the rest of her boarding fee and now she's mine.:)

Here she is:

Her pretty head:

Hope you enjoy!:)

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice boa, you know I love all boas, bout how big is it ??

Sam,

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice looking snake! how is her temperment? a guy at work had a 5 or 6'er that looked just like yours and I think he was afraid of it, he brought it to work one day and I took the top off and took it out and was handling it, his jaw just dropped.......guess he never even thought it was handable or it had bitten him before (he never admitted to either). he tried to get me to take it but I told him I was not interested in the larger snakes so he finally found someone else at work that would take it.
Ed

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I guess I can understand his fear. Sometimes my baby boa (18ish inches) gets a little feisty and will bite. (Only happened twice, actually) Even at that size it leaves the horse shoe mark.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This one's temrament isn't bad at all. She was a little nervous when I first brought her here, most likely frombeing stuffed in something and having to endure my driving, :) She calmed down, though, and I handled her a little last night. As for size, she's around 5-6ft, closer to the 6ft mark. I hope to make her existance a little better than it was, her other owner had her stuffed in a 55g tank with a ball python for company.

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh, what a beauty. We had a columbian red tail boa at the shop and I am usually afraid of snakes. But she was the sweetest little snake. She didn't show any aggression at all. Of course the one I like and someone came in and bought her. I was thinking I might just have to get me one. How many snakes do you have now, Joy? You all take care, Pam

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have 14 snakes at the moment...11 corns, 2 boas, and my baby ball python. :)

scorpio

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice snake! Really beautiful. I dont have room for an animal that big, but ive done quite a bit of research on them. I had big plans, but they were diminished. So now I just have my little sand boas they are just as fun. So have fun taking care of that snake, shes gonna get huge.

Also, im just curious, what was a 6 month boarding fee for an animal like that?

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The guy at the shop told me that $125 would cover her, but I think he just wanted to get her out of the shop....about a month ago she and her ball python buddy were going for 300 together. the boarding fee for both of them was about that much.