New smithi

Pyrdacor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I finally got a B. smithi from a reptile show. You might say, oh my god that's what everyone got but I love her :) It was kind of dream to have one and here she is.

Attachments

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
She looks sweet. As long as you can safely handle working with her, it does not matter what anyone else thinks. All that matters is what makes your heart go pitter-patter. :)

Bry

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
question

i have a question for smithi owners... are Red Knees prone to flicking a lot of hairs?..... b/c my biology teacher has one in his classroom and me loving T's i wanted to hold her. So i started to go in to get her and she seemed real nervous and stuff.... and then it happend... as i was trying to scoop her up... she hit me with the biggest blast of hairs that i have ever seen!

So are they known for throwing a lot of hairs?

Thanx much

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: question

Originally posted by ACoopBB24
i have a question for smithi owners... are Red Knees prone to flicking a lot of hairs?..... b/c my biology teacher has one in his classroom and me loving T's i wanted to hold her. So i started to go in to get her and she seemed real nervous and stuff.... and then it happend... as i was trying to scoop her up... she hit me with the biggest blast of hairs that i have ever seen!

So are they known for throwing a lot of hairs?

Thanx much
I have 12 smithis of various sizes and sex......they seem to flick hairs when smaller and as they mature IME they do it less but if startled will not hesitate to unleash a cloud of urticating hairs.
Ed

Pyrdacor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Although I just have mine for one day, she seemes to be very calm. Guess I have to watch her a bit...

Dafne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great T, Pyrdacor :)
Congratulations :D
I have B. smithi as well, but mine is "a little bit" smaller... Just about 1" or so :) But it is my first T and I'm so happy about her/him :D

BullF-16

Arachnopeon
Nice Smithi!!! I've had mine for about a month now and she tends to be a little flicky when first disturbed, then she settles down nicely and is very calm.

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Pyrdacor
You might say, oh my god that's what everyone got but I love her :)

Any cool pic of any tarantula, no matter how common, is worth sharing:)

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Mine didn't USE to kick hair.. but then it molted, and got a fresh supply, and seems to love doing it.

Bill