New Slings!!

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
yep, sure did!!! I would do one, but rather spend the money on T's and enclosures... I'm not doggin' on what you do, just sayin everyone has there own way of doing things. I like my way so far, but if things prove more difficult in the future, I may do a box but thus far no T's have been lost so I think that's a pretty good sign things are being done correctly! I'm actually trying to think of a way to heat the containers once I get a shelf.

I want to get a bookshelf, but none of them I have seen are 12" deep. You know where to find something like that?
I think you could build one with 3/4" mdf then seal it with non toxic paint. But you would want to put extra support for sure. Screws and glue. I got a shelf at walmart for 20$. My climate box cost me 90-120$. It actually makes you money if you consider the amount of energy you save and how much faster you can raise spiderlings into adults if you plan on breeding. The heat bulb thing works but it can go wrong. As well as my setup can go wrong. My whole point of posting in this thread is for people to proceed with caution when heating. None of my post have meant to be offensive and i hope people dont take it that way. Its a debate not a personal attack on your keeping methods or intelligence. :D When ever i bring things up i try to tell people both outcomes.

Great Basin Ben

Arachnosquire
All opinions, and "I know more than you's" aside, in Nature, (which is what we try to re-create within an enclosure), I don't think slings are confined to pill vials, with 100% humidity. I'm sure there's plenty of "methods" that work, but I don't see a problem with more room at all. Take for example your average Siamese Fighting Fish (Betta splendens) sold at a pet store. While they do have the ability to breath oxygen from the air, using their labyrinth organ, TRUST ME the lake and pond complexes from which they come ARE NOT 6 oz. CUPS!!! I think a lesson can be gleaned here, in regards to our eight legged friends as well. And as much as pill vials don't exist in Nature, neither do infa-red hot spots caused from Iguana lamps, and while you may have not cooked any of your T's yet, it sounds like AgentD006las, is trying to help us all, from repeating, what was probably a lesson learned the hard way...