New Slings ... such a hard choice

Advocatus

Arachnopeon
So I'm gonna order some new slings, and I'm wondering whether to get a L. Parahybana or a P. Murinus as traveling company for a P. Regalis :) ( finally daring to buy it )
Anyone have personal experience with these species?
Do they eat much etc? And would a price of $5 pr sling be a good price?

Thanks in advance,
Jorgen, das schwein

TigerWoman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Heidu!
Fint å se flere fra det kalde nord ;)

I would go for parahybana :D I have both, and my L. p is growing like hell :) And i see her every day :) , my usumbara is only out sometime during the night :rolleyes: I love both though, so it's a hard choise you have
:D

Advocatus

Arachnopeon
Yeah, I was leaning towards the L. parahybana ... I want a day-active t, instead of my lazy-butt rosea, who's been camping behind her scull for like two days now.
The only problem is they get so darn big!
I don't know if i'll have the place to contain them ... but, time will show.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Kall? Växthuseffekt och töväder :p

I'll pick up my 1year old L.Parahybana tomorrow..after an arderous train-journey no doubt. 9 hours on the train in one day, getting back in the dead of night, finding buses..well, I hope it'll be worth it!
Anyway, I do hope she'll eat lots and be active. Couldn't really advise you but..Parahybananas! Parahybananas! They appearantly eat like pigs, so I've got my hopes up :)

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Besides pattern and color differences, what are going to be the differences in an L. parahybana and an A. geniculata?

Jon

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
BD,

L.parahybanas get about 3 inches larger then A.geniculatas when ful grown and grow a little faster than A.geniculatas. The L.parahybana can reach 8 inches in one year from birth, whereas you get about 6 inches out of a geniculata in the same time. Other than that, i dont think either species likes to hide and they both look amazing.

Mark

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Bjorgly
BD,

L.parahybanas get about 3 inches larger then A.geniculatas when ful grown and grow a little faster than A.geniculatas. The L.parahybana can reach 8 inches in one year from birth, whereas you get about 6 inches out of a geniculata in the same time. Other than that, i dont think either species likes to hide and they both look amazing.

Mark
How about differences in disposion? Can parahybana be handled?

I have been thinking about getting a bohemoth tarantula, but don't want to bother with the hairs of T. blondi. T. apophysis is too expensive. Is this in the same league with them?

Jon

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
How about differences in disposion? Can parahybana be handled?

Jon
well, I handle mine, that's not to say they SHOULD be however!
I find them prone to flicking and running, but have seen no defensivenss at all with all 3 of mine large ones. This girl I would guess is 7-8" or so..not sure if she's mature, just got her earlier in the month

Last edited:

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How exactly can you tell if a female is mature or not? Do you have to wait for her to make an egg sac or is there something else that would cue you to the fact that she is ready to reproduce?

Jon

Brian and Terri

Arachnopeon
Choice?

CHOICE???!!! HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA
Sorry. just had to do that. heeheehee. Get 'em both! The price is pretty good. Great chance to see them grow together, within a year you can tell US the differences. :) :)

Advocatus

Arachnopeon
I really want both ... but then I don't know if I have enough space ( I want atleast two ) ... But can I keep the P. Murinus the same way someone posted they kept their H. Lividums ( in those slim tanks )
After all they are burrowers, so it should work, right?

Doug H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would get both, I dont have a L.p only the P.u, when In doubt always get more ,right=D ,although I will say my p.usambara hides alot it has made a funnel type web behind and at the bottom of its hide.So I dont see it that often but when I do wow what a beutiful T
Doug