New slings incoming and I want to check my enclosures.

MacDrachma

Arachnopeon
Hey guy and gals! I have ordered some new slings and have set up their homes. I just wanted to see what you all thought. Here is what I am getting.

1 Thrixopelma ockerti
1 Grammostola pulchripes
1 Brachypelma schroederi
1 Aphonopelma seemanni

Here is the enclosures, http://imgur.com/a/xddrD

The semi-arboreal setup is for the Thrixopelma the other three are in the terrestrial setups. Obviously they will all have water dishes.

cold blood

Staff member
Must be some pretty big slings.

Ventilation is best on the sides, and not the top. I also restrict ventilation more for slings than for juvies or adults.

How big are they??

MacDrachma

Arachnopeon
Thrixopelma ockerti 3/4"
Grammostola pulchripes 3/4-1”
Brachypelma schroederi 1.1/2”
Aphonopelma seemanni 1"

cold blood

Staff member
ockerti is a really neat looking little sling. Theyre really really skittish...about as skittish as anything I've ever had, but they look good and never disappoint come feeding time.

The pulchripes are also fantastic eaters, if they refuse, its probably pre molt...better growth rate then the brachy and aphono, too.

Personally I'd keep them all in 16oz deli cups, but those should work ok, just make sure they have something to hide beneath.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
It's a little over kill on ventilation but I think they will work just fine..

MacDrachma

Arachnopeon
I think the overkill on ventalation is due to my first T being a Versicolor :D

I have dug a bit under the wood to start a hide for them.

cold blood

Staff member
Thoughts on the semi arboreal?
I didn't go vertical for any of the ockerti I've raised, I housed them as I would a terrestrial as slings, albeit with a larger flat piece of wood leaned for them to climb on. At 3" they get re-housed in a more arboreal set up. I think yours will be just fine though, I like the look of it.

On a side note, with that avatar, its really hard to take things serious....hehe.:rofl:

DeanK

Arachnosquire
I didn't go vertical for any of the ockerti I've raised, I housed them as I would a terrestrial as slings, albeit with a larger flat piece of wood leaned for them to climb on. At 3" they get re-housed in a more arboreal set up. I think yours will be just fine though, I like the look of it.
How much more arboreal? Mine just molted and is probably around 3 maybe 3 and a half inches.