New slings - Enclosure Check

Schiem

Arachnopeon
Hi all, I'm getting some new slings shipped and I was hoping to get some feedback on the enclosures.

I'm getting an A. Avic (1/2"), an N. incei (1"), an H. gigas (1/2"), and an M. balfouri (1/4" - 1/2").

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the substrate in the balfouri enclosure is slightly drier than the gigas. I also have a smaller vial ready for the balfouri if it ends up being on the smaller side.

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Balfour - get a wider setup, not a deeper one. I never set them up in arboreal style vials.

Avic- how does the lid get removed?? Holes on top needed, might need to add water from above after molts

Schiem

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the advice! I'll set up a 16oz deli cup enclosure for the Balfouri and probably make the decision where it goes based on whether it's closer to 1/4" (or smaller) or 1/2"+.

The Avic enclosure is a style that Tom Moran came up with, the top just slides off. There are a few holes in the top, but I'll widen them to make it easier to add water from the top. There's also a hole right above the water dish that's large enough for me to fill the dish using an eye dropper.

Last edited:

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Looks good, for the N. incei I might include a few more options for anchor points with more fake plants