New Sling

Aschamne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I bought my first sling and I was wondering what would be the best thing to use as a hide.

Thanks,

Art

P.S.
It is about 1".

neanyoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
depends on what kind of sling it is. id say it still being that small, keep it in a vial or something small.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I don't use hides for slings.. Just keep them in a vial til they get bigger. Bout 2" i give a bit of cork bark for a hide.. anything smaller doesn't really need it

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
at 1" you don't need much. if it's arboreal it'll end up making it's own hide from the substrate and webbing. if it's terrestrial add something like a tiny flower pot or a tiny piece of cork bark. even a big enough leaf...hehe.

KaineSoulblade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't use hides either. I keep mine in small 4x3 glad containers, and 2x4 tall ones for arboreal. I know most people use vials, but they seem a tad small, especially if you are opening it very often, you dont want them jumping or getting out.
A little substrate with a bit of moss. While the moss isn't really a hide they can utilize it for preference. My arboreal uses it to climb and web on, and the terrestrial uses it to make a small burrow with.

Aschamne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It is a choco golden knee (G. aureostriata) and it is a deli cup until it gets larger. I will see if I can find a small flower pot or a piece of cork bark.

Thanks,

Art