New Sling Setups.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, with a soldiering iron and a glue gun, I made some new big s'ling/small juvi setups. I made 3 terrestrial setups and two arborial setups. Here are the two arborial setups.

Top View:

Last edited:

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here is the side view. The dimensions of these are 2.25" x 2.25" x 4". The lid of the container, which I will be using as the base, will hold the vermic./peat mix. It is 1.25 inches deep. So the usable space minus the cork bark is 2.25" x 2.25" x 2.75".

Side view:

Last edited:

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here is a picture of my tesstrial s'ling setup. My B. angustum is this one. He was getting cramped in his vial. The dimensions of this setup are 2.25" x 2.25" x 3".

Top View:

Last edited:

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Bob the thief
Are those arachnotats? :D
No. They are acrylic (I think) boxest that I bought at Micheal's Hobby Shop. I think the two larger ones cost me $1.75 and the 3 smaller ones cost me $1.25 each. Glue guns and soldiering irons are very cheap. I got one large piece of cork bark at petco on sale for $5 and am breaking/sawing it into smaller pieces for my tarantulas. I know I can get it cheaper off the internet. But I don't need very much right now.
Bd

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Bd,
Those are pretty sharp setups you made there.
It looks like you put alot of thought and effort into them.
Nice job !! :)

Ernie

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
Well, with a soldiering iron and a glue gun, I made some new big s'ling/small juvi setups. I made 3 terrestrial setups and two arborial setups. Here are the two arborial setups.

Top View:
I use the taller ones for small avics, this way the avic will stay in the top portion and not do a runner when you feed/water them. I use the larger "beanie baby" case size for larger lings and small juvs. I push a small piece of silk plant through one of the top ventalion holes and bend it over to hold it in, works like a charm.
Ed

Last edited:

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Really nice

Looks very good those enclosures you built for your T's.

I'm taking a step into the building trade as well for my Regalis.
My 5 gallon tank is way to small for her and I'm going to build a 10 gallon tank for her, well the tank I'm going to buy,, but the rest:)

It's gonna be a interesting day when she's going to be moved over :D

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
here is a picture of the avic. type enclosure and a "mystery" t in a larger beanie baby type enclosure.
Ed

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Those clear boxes look just like the ones that i get from Micheals. Is that where you get them?

Bd

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by lam
You guys are nuts with the enclosers.
Sorry. The reason that I got into this hobby, was because I love to look at tarantulas. I know that there are lots of people who are quite content keeping theirs in rubbermaid containers. I won't do that unless I get into a massive breeding/selling project, which I don't plan on doing any time soon. As far as I'm concerned, my tarantulas are art pieces, and their terrariums are the display cases.

Bd

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
Those clear boxes look just like the ones that i get from Micheals. Is that where you get them?

Bd
yep, from Micheal's craft store, just wanted to show the variety of sizes available.
Ed