New SLING pics (3 species)!!!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alright, here's some new sling pics...

enjoy, i know we all love seeing sling pics :)

pce,
dave

first up is 3 of the new ones i got today! Note the prices on the caps :) I talked him down, and he changed some prices for me!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
U.O = P.sp. "usumbara orange"
H.in = H.incei "trinidad olive"
Hg = H.gigas "cameroon baboon"
---

more pics:
This is the vial that my H.incei came in... look at the webbing job it did!!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
more H.incei.. i'm trying to get the colours, but can't seem to get with my dig cam. I'm trying to find my real cam (its in a box somewhere)...

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
alright, so in this pic, you can see the markings on the H.incei.. the picture after this captures the olive colour.. but its an amazing looking sling!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
note the general olive colour.. quickly becoming one of my favourites to look at :)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Moving on to the new H.gigas.. i only have one bad picture of it, but... wasn't in the mood to be photographed i suppose...

Last edited:

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
and now for the Usumbara....

nice little webbing labrynth this one made :)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
last one.... (usumbara). i was trying to feed this thing a little cricket, but a big one jumped in the vial instead. Man, that little Usumbara sling turned around and took that thing down like nothing i've ever seen before.. the cricket was really big compared to the sling, but I wasn't gonna stick my finger down into that vial :)

bad picture of it though, but still cool.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats right, $3 marked down from $5 for this bad boy :)

alright, more sling pic posts!!!! =D

peace,
dave

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Great Pics! I especially love the H.incei! Is it in the genus Hysterocrates? It is so beautiful! Awsome pictures again! Hows its aggression? have you handled it? Is it an aggressive eater?
Thanks!

James

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello!

its actually Holothele incei... Amazing T! I know they are kind of aggressive, but, mine keeps running into the palm of my hand and hanging out... it'll bolt up my fingers and chill on my palm. I havent seen any aggression out of mine (yet), although i just got it.

I'm not the one to ask about the temper. Its a pretty good eater, nothing like my older usumbara though.

It's a beautiful T, and the juvenile colours are a force to be reckoned with (look out versicolor :) )... Can you kind of see the beauty and colours and markings of the sling?

i highly reccomend this species from what i've read and heard. I couldnt turn it down for under $10 either =D

peace
dave

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
what can i say?..... AWESOME! That is great, all those slings look great, i'd love to have any of those! I bet you can't wait until they grow up, that should be fun. Good luck with those Dave!
Mike
P.s. I'm very jealous. I want that petstore near me. :(

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very nice pics Dave, very keen on the H. incei myself.

PS the reason you are not getting the full colours - because the bowls are deep and small, the light bounces off the rim and does not illuminate the inside of the vial properly. (I've found this out the hard way) For well-lit pics, you need them in open shallow containers :)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
no, the real way is when i get my REAL camera out. Man,i've been shooting with that thing since 8th grade.

Took me through ALL my photoclasses in college and then some!

Once i pull that bad boy out, and get the T in a nice location, it's gonna be great :)

peace
dave