New sling help...

Alboy84

Arachnopeon
Hi,

Just need a little advice. I'm getting three slings on tuesday, which consist of a P Regalis, H Mac and a GBB (all approx 1-2cm). I was just wondering about the first two. As they're aboreal as adults...do they need to be kept this way as slings? As in (mini) tall enclosures. Or should I house them as terrestrial until a cetrain size or their behaviour changes?

I've currently been raising a P Cambridgei, which was about the 2cm mark when I got it. Looking really healthy and always been a big eater....it's always seemed to prefer a tall enclosure since I've had it (as I know some consider them semi-aboreal).

I appreciate the help and will probably post pics once I have them in their enclosures.

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sounds like youve got the right idea, the P. regalis I would definitely keep in an arboreal style enclosure, the H. maculata could probably go either way but it would be best to have the height, they usually just hang out just above the subtstrate in one corner anyways, they are also extremely fast but beautiful spiders. Good luck with them.

Also with the GBB they are semi-arboreal so a little extra height is good, also include some sticks or something for it to web onto.