New shot of my room

RatKing216

Arachnopeon
You really should try and get a count for us. I swear some people collect Tarantulas like I collect Comics! I'll be happy with 5 T's max I'm assuming. Hell, I'm happy with the 1 I have right now. Although, I am looking at getting a second T soon.

Stoneleaf

Arachnopeon
Is it bad that I only started my T hobby this week and am already dreaming of having a room like this? haha

Awesome collection!! :worship:

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had no idea you were such a neat-nik. ;P Very nicely done. Finding containers that work well for your needs and sticking to them obviously helps to organize things. You're my hero. Hugs to that GF. :D
Diane

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you come here and count them all and re-label my collection i will give you a free olivacea sling haha
I'll do better than that. For a free orange fringe sling (I'm optimistic for you), I'll count, label, and give belly rubs to all of your Ts. Throw in an eventual Aussie goliath sling and well, we can keep talking :}

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
I'll do better than that. For a free orange fringe sling (I'm optimistic for you), I'll count, label, and give belly rubs to all of your Ts. Throw in an eventual Aussie goliath sling and well, we can keep talking :}
I remember when I first got into T's, I used to go down to the reptile shop by my house every week & clean/feed/water all the invert tanks and incubate the leopard gecko eggs just so I could interact with the tarantulas!
They hooked me up with their old critter keepers though and free rats for my blood python, but I just did it to check out all the bugs {D

ophiophagus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very nice! I am jealous. I was wondering what type the tall containers on the left are.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Great looking room...I love the organization and actually like the black rug in the middle of the floor...it just does something for the room.

Sonya

Arachnopeon
I hate you...

No, not really...In real I'm just very, very, very envy :(

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Do you have a youtube channel?
I don't sorry!

For a free orange fringe sling (I'm optimistic for you),
Haha thanks for having faith in me lol!I really hope to pull that breeding off as its prob without a doubt one of the most important projects I have in the works!
I was wondering what type the tall containers on the left are.
The tall containers on the left I use for burrowing species.You can get these from the container store website or in there retail stores.There called pour and store containers and come in 3 sizes.I melt holes in the top for ventilation and holes in the bottom for drainage when I flood them out.Housing fossorial spiders in these works excellent and once they establish burrows you can almost always see the spiders.No more "Petholes"! (I hate that term!)
Heres a photo of a large one up close:

-Chris

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Flooding 'em never works for me, they always just sit under water until I tickle 'em out :rolleyes:

What kind of substrate do you use? Potting soil? (I'm sure you've probably answered this question 100 times)

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Flooding 'em never works for me, they always just sit under water until I tickle 'em out :rolleyes:

What kind of substrate do you use? Potting soil? (I'm sure you've probably answered this question 100 times)
I flood the containers usually about once a year when they dry out.The holes on the bottom allow me to drain all the water out.I can also place the whole container in a bucket or bin of water and let it soak in thru the bottom.
I use peat moss for substrate.
-Chris