New Set Up

Arachnopal

Arachnopeon
Since I recieved alot of feedback on my tank set up and the potental dangers I was introducing for my T so I spend some time today redoing the tank. I removed all wood. Added more potting soil and moved any rocks to the center of the tank so if my T does fall from the glass it will only land on potting soil.
After many many years of fish keeping I cant seem to resist the urge to decorate a tank any tank. I used some flagstone and a plastic lizard hide popular in many pet stores. I made 2 hides for the little T a split level. Both hides can be viewed from the back of the tank as well as the front. Funny part of this set up I will have the back of the tank facing out. And the front facing the back of my desk. So far the T is exploring and spending time in both hides. If it wants to burrow there is plenty of areas. This set up may change again but for now it is much safer than it was.
Thanks to the members who cared enough to speak up.:worship:

Last edited:

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
rocks

Dude,,, just me but I would remove the rocks altogether. I have seen one of my T's crawling dead center of the tanks lid...if she were to fall then splat no t. like I said just me

Last edited:

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Get rid of the rocks. Yes, all of them.

Use a half log, or a clay pot (whole or half) as the hide. Add water dish, and maybe a plant.

They don't need any more than that, if they're terrestrial.

Rocks = dangerous.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Get rid of the rocks. Yes, all of them.

Use a half log, or a clay pot (whole or half) as the hide. Add water dish, and maybe a plant.

They don't need any more than that, if they're terrestrial.

Rocks = dangerous.

+1, and you need to fill the substrate at LEAST to half.

Good luck, glad to see you are thinking about the safety of your T.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
+1, and you need to fill the substrate at LEAST to half.

Good luck, glad to see you are thinking about the safety of your T.
That, too. It may feel like you're using too much, but trust us... you aren't.

What kind/size of T is living in there, anyhow?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just saw the spider in there. You may want to consider a smaller enclosure such as a sterilite container or 2.5g or 5g. Even if you filled that up half way, that is still a long distance for that little spider to fall.