New scorps.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I went to the reptile store in my home-town when I was there today and couldn't help but pick up a couple scorpions. One gravid female O.boehmi and a Hottentotta. I'll reserve the right to ID the Hottentotta down to the species level, as that can be a tricky prospect. I also got a tonne of baby hissing roaches. Not as prolific in the breeding department as other roaches, but I got them for a song.

Cheers,
Dave

Marc_C

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It says you live in canada, where in canada do you live and what petshop do yo go to? I live in southern Ontario.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I'm in Guelph, but I went to The Reptile Store in Hamilton. Paul is a good guy. He doesn't have a huge invert collection, but it is pretty good for Southern Ontario. There's a guy there that has a goatee -- I can never remember his name. Anyhow, he is the invert guy. Knows his stuff. Where are you?

Cheers,
Dave

Marc_C

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I acctually live in 3 places in southern ONT. Trenton with my mom, Toronto with my dad and Hamilton with my girlfriend. Ive heard about taht store and talked with them at the reptile shows in toronto. they are good guys

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Cool. I spent most of my life in Hamilton. Nice town -- if you like steel mills. ;)

Cheers,
Dave

Marc_C

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
what did you end up paying for the hissers?
Marcus-sparkus

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by marcus-sparkus
what did you end up paying for the hissers?
Hmmmm. This is somewhat akward -- don't know if I should say. Paul and I go way back. Bought my first snake when he first opened the store, so he usualy cuts me a pretty sweet deal. Not that he has any hissers left anyways, of course. ;)

Cheers,
Dave

Marc_C

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was just asking cause I know a few people selling these in large numbers. I got my first 50 or so adults for $15.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Cool. I didn't get that many, nor pay that much. Where are these people located? Do they sell to the unwashed public (me) or is it all private?

Cheers,
Dave

Marc_C

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The guy I got mine off of lives in Toronto. I dont know if he ships ( though I think he does because he breeds and sells chameleons). I can probably put you too in touch if you like. And yes he will sell to the general public.
Marcus-sparkus

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Perfect. Could you PM or email me his contact info? Do you know if he does more than just hissers?