new scorps (unsure of one)

chaoshybrid6

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got two new scorps over the weekend :)

I believe this is a O. walhbergii but if anyone thinks its not please let me know. It was labeled as a Tri-color cape scorpion.

And now for the little dude I have no clue about. It's about 3/4'' long, very fat (approaching molt I believe) and was labeled as a Chinese Golden Scorpion when I bought it. If anyone knows what this guy may be please dont hesitate to say.

I have him housed on 100% peat for right now and I mist the side of the container every other day.

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First one is the right genus, but you can not be sure on the species that easily. Also seems that you have a male.

Second one is a Lychas mucronatus.

Mike

Last edited:

chaoshybrid6

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
alright now if its a Lychas mucronatus heres how I'm going to set up the tank based on the searching ive done (let me know if I'm close). I'm going to use a 50/50 dry mix of sand and peat moss with a small water bowl, and a few pieces of dried bark for it to climb (I may go buy the rest since I've read they can be communal), and will lightly mist 1-2 times a week. Is this good for this sp.? and thank you for any input its greatly appreciated.

btw... I have the suspected O. Wahlbergii on 6-8'' of 100% peat with a hide and water dish.

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yep, how I kept mine.

If the O. "wahlbergii" doesn't burrow, put it on sand. In the wild O. wahlbergii make their burrows in sand.

Mike

xVOWx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I only have two, but my L.mucronatus seem to be fairly communal.