New scorplings with a new camera

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I just wanted to show off one of the five scorplings I recieved from BrianS. :clap: They all arrived in perfect condition so I purchased a new camera to show them off. Hope you like them.

Tityus falconensis They are 4 molts away from maturity.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Fine lookn juveniles. Congrats. And woah, Brian you are one of the leading breeders of Tityus in the States I believe.

Charlie_Scorp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thats a beautiful little scorp you have there. Im more than envious!

Brian, do you have a typical habitat shot for these guys? Im curious because of the very mottled appearance and hence...what it may have evoloved to camoflage against.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats a beautiful little scorp you have there. Im more than envious!

Brian, do you have a typical habitat shot for these guys? Im curious because of the very mottled appearance and hence...what it may have evoloved to camoflage against.
Thank you.
Each one was sent in they're own viale with damp substrate and a lean to piece of bark. All five were on their piece of bark and still are.

Charlie_Scorp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks Cheetah for the info but Im really interested in a habitat shot/description from where the species is prolific in the wild. Im just interested to know how this interesting colour morphology has arisen. Presumably in responce to its native habitat/life history but I dont know what they are..lol!

Good luck with them..I think he looks amazing.. Maybe thats because in a wierd way the fine, mottled colouration reminds me of the fine granular scales of various geckos of which Im so fond. I feel like a traitor as my 13 year passion has been geckos but they've now taken a definite back seat for scorpions!!!

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
very nice scorplings! hmmm.. I feel like I have seen these pics somewhere before :? lol I WANT SOME! :D good communal sp?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks Cheetah for the info but Im really interested in a habitat shot/description from where the species is prolific in the wild. Im just interested to know how this interesting colour morphology has arisen. Presumably in responce to its native habitat/life history but I dont know what they are..lol!

Good luck with them..I think he looks amazing.. Maybe thats because in a wierd way the fine, mottled colouration reminds me of the fine granular scales of various geckos of which Im so fond. I feel like a traitor as my 13 year passion has been geckos but they've now taken a definite back seat for scorpions!!!
Oh, sorry I missunderstood you. Rick West has some pics at this site you might want to see.

Scorpion-Files

Charlie_Scorp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Arachnophilist...you're eyeing them up for your 30 gallon aren't you?!..lol:)
I think 1 half would eat the other half before you knew it! But then you would have some very fat, healthy T.falconensis on your hands!

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hahaha you know it! I am actually looking into how many and how much right now! I figure I would raise them separately until they were big enough for the enclosure. they mature fast enough that it wouldnt be a problem.. I could just take my sweet time making it the best display tank I can :D awesome lookin little things.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks for the replies. I'm just getting into scorps after being in T's for a while now. I figure having both was the way to go. I'll show more as I get them.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Heres a couple more I got today. The pics are blurry because they wouldn't stay still.

Male ??

Female

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I just wanted to show off a couple of my scorps since they seem to be growing so well.

This is one of Brians kids.

Tityus falconensis

This is one of two I got about 3 weeks ago.

Babycurus jacksoni