New Scorpions

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I was given 10, I guess Az. Bark Scorps. yesterday.
The Az. pic. in the scorp gallery, shows a black body.
All I know about Scorps. is I dont want them to get loose.

Ernie

Attachments

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Ernie, I like that light color they have.......is that a dead one next to the rock on the ground? looks like it is upside down.
what is the size on them?
Ed

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Ernie,

I'm nearly 100% sure what you have is C.exilicauda which is the Arizona bark scorpion. They are the most dangerous scorpions in the US but have not caused any deaths since 1968. Either way you don't want to get stung by one. They are an interesting and relatively easy scorpion to keep. They also have that amazing yellow color to them and are a nice show scorpion since they don't burrow. They do like to hide and you can keep them communally. Give them plenty of hides and you can get them to breed well. A 5 gallon tank is ok but a 10 gallon tank would be better for the number you have.

Enjoy and be careful,

John
];')

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
John,
Thanks for the info.. I will be very careful.
My niece got hit by one that got out, and her arm went numb for 3 days, so she said.

Ed,
That is a molt you see. enclosure hasn't been cleaned out in a long time, from the look of it..

Attachments

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Kugellager
Ernie,

I'm nearly 100% sure what you have is C.exilicauda which is the Arizona bark scorpion. They are the most dangerous scorpions in the US but have not caused any deaths since 1968. Either way you don't want to get stung by one. They are an interesting and relatively easy scorpion to keep. They also have that amazing yellow color to them and are a nice show scorpion since they don't burrow. They do like to hide and you can keep them communally. Give them plenty of hides and you can get them to breed well. A 5 gallon tank is ok but a 10 gallon tank would be better for the number you have.

Enjoy and be careful,

John
];')
ok, I just now associated the common name with the latin name.....E. Anne gave me 15 of those to pass on to Mike "Troll". they were all in a small deli dish with a moist paper towel so I decided to divide them up into three different larger enclosures I had laying around. good thing I looked in Manny Rubio's scorpion book and found out they are considered HOT before grabbing them by the metasoma with my hands!
Ed

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Quote: "Good thing I looked in Manny Rubio's scorpion book and found out they are considered HOT before grabbing them by the metasoma with my hands!
Ed"

Yes it is! :D

John
];')

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Awesome scorps you got there. I cant wait until my emperor gains some size! the little guy is only 2 inches right now.

Mark

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks Mark,
I got them past the wife, so I guess I'll start doing scorps. now..:D

Ernie