New Scorpions

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I got a few instars recently, and felt like sharing some pictures :)

First off is R. junceus! I got 6 of these but one died recently, leaving me with five. This is the largest one, the rest are an instar or so behind

Next up, Centruroides nigrescens! I got 6 of these too and they're all healthy :D
Just realized, I only have one good shot of the C. nigrescens...Oh well :p the other's a cell phone pic.

Annnd, H. hottentotta/caboverdensis (what's the correct name?) 15 of these!!! Hopefully enough to get a little breeding group going :D

Last but not least, a little Chaerilus celebensis. I don't know if it's male or female or an adult, but it's going off to telow soon :)

Here's a size shot of the C. celebensis. US quarter for reference

Avery

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I love that Chaerilus celebensis. Thanks for sharing.

Vixvy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
C.nigrescens turns black in color when they get to subs/adults size. So don't get confused at this stage you might mix them with those HH hehehe! they look similar.

Cowin8579

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Good luck breeding the HH lol. You probably have a bunch of parthenogenic females. Lots of fun in your above purchase, should be a lot of fun! :drool:

the toe cutter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice collection! I am working on getting some R pintoi, H polystictus and C nigrescens here shortly. My current favorites are definitely my H jayakari, they are wirey little guys! Good luck with them and I hope to see some more rare scorps in the US soon.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice new additions Canth! R.junceus is a very fast grower, so you could choose to feed them twice a week. If you would offer food daily, you can get them reach adulthood after 6-8 months, but I don't advocate this personally.
That Chaerilus is not adult yet, I think it's a subadult.

About the correct name of H.hottentotta, besides the debate about the validity of this species. "H.caboverdensis" is from the Cape Verde Islands, the ones from the African mainland are H.hottentotta and H.hottentotta "nigrocarinatus".

Cheers, Michiel

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Nice new additions Canth! R.junceus is a very fast grower, so you could choose to feed them twice a week. If you would offer food daily, you can get them reach adulthood after 6-8 months, but I don't advocate this personally.
That Chaerilus is not adult yet, I think it's a subadult.

About the correct name of H.hottentotta, besides the debate about the validity of this species. "H.caboverdensis" is from the Cape Verde Islands, the ones from the African mainland are H.hottentotta and H.hottentotta "nigrocarinatus".

Cheers, Michiel
Thanks for the tips, Michiel! I feed about twice a week anyway, sometimes just once. I'm not a huge fan of powerfeeding and don't do it often, just when I want something out of the young stages quickly.

And thanks for the info regarding the Hottentotta, maybe I'll find out where these are from. But I'm being told they are the H. caboverdensis, so I guess that's what I'll call them.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
According to Lourenco H.caboverdensis is a valid species, according to Kovarik H.caboverdensis = H.hottentotta. :D

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just to add to what Michiel said:

Whatever you call them, keep the "caboverdensis" in there somewhere.
I was told H. hottentotta "caboverdensis" would be a good way for now. I don't care what you call them, but if you sell them, keep it defined for clarity! :)

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
According to Lourenco H.caboverdensis is a valid species, according to Kovarik H.caboverdensis = H.hottentotta. :D
Oi! Taxonomy eh?

Just to add to what Michiel said:

Whatever you call them, keep the "caboverdensis" in there somewhere.
I was told H. hottentotta "caboverdensis" would be a good way for now. I don't care what you call them, but if you sell them, keep it defined for clarity! :)
I'll just keep them as H. hottentotta/caboverdensis if I ever sell them or give them away :)

Thanks for the advice, guys.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice new additions man,hope you the best on those H.H. I have only one and want more so glad you live so close so you mare can hook a nieghbor up;)

HA!HA! But seriously,no really

They all look very nice I think I have only 19 in my collection from my son's black Asian forest sp. and my little LQ,Been wanting some fat tails.........

TheDeathStalker

Arachnopeon
Looks great :) I would love some Rhopalurus Junceus my self! Thay have a great colour!

Best of luck with the scorpions!