New Scorpions from the Philippines

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So I recently got a few inverts from the Phlippines. He gave me some scientific names, but I am not too sure about how correct he is. Please help identify them correctly if you can. I also want to know how venomous is the Lychas sp.? I understand the Lychas sp. from Australia is considered quite venomous, but can find no information on the one from the Philippines.

This is the Liocheles australasaie (?). I took pictures as soon as I opened the box.

One with babies... and on a quarter.

Here is the Lychas sp.

One of the females with a few babies (my camera could not focus to get a close enough picture).

Athlon2k2

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful scorps. Looks like there was a little munching going on with the first bunch and those Lychas sp? are awesome.

Newports

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, very very nice scorps you got there.
I especially like the liocheles sp.

Yeah I noticed that too athlon. Guess they got too hungry lol

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yah, the female that had the babies had 5 on her back and 3 in the mouths of a couple other scorpions as soon as I opened the package. The Lychas seem to be more communal than this species, but oddly enough the supplier stated the opposite.

halendrix

Arachnopeon
nice one... hope you can enjoy our local scorps, those are parthenogenic spp. they kind of little H.paucidens hehehe... :D goodluck to the broods..

Vincent

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice additions :)
The Lychas sp are Lychas infuscatus

lychas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
very jealous, love Liocheles australasiae but hard to find in aust, probably overlooked most of the time when people are collecting thinking they are just juvies

redknee_freak

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i use to have 3 of those Liocheles australasaie before, would be nice to have them again

i lovwe those Philippine sp.

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does anyone know the venom strength on these little guys (preferably the Lychas)

lychas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Does anyone know the venom strength on these little guys (preferably the Lychas)
dontknow about this species but i got done by a Lychas papuanus a couple of years back, nothing to severe but was a little painful

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The Lychas are likely Lychas infuscatus.

markalmiesarona

Arachnopeon
hello im mark almie im from the Philippines .. I also find that kind of scorpion in our yard its was so small and as what I see in our back yard its was feeding an " ant " its inject an grab its prey an start eating it ..then after its eat I get him and put it in the jar an study its for more than a month ...

So I recently got a few inverts from the Phlippines. He gave me some scientific names, but I am not too sure about how correct he is. Please help identify them correctly if you can. I also want to know how venomous is the Lychas sp.? I understand the Lychas sp. from Australia is considered quite venomous, but can find no information on the one from the Philippines.

This is the Liocheles australasaie (?). I took pictures as soon as I opened the box.

One with babies... and on a quarter.

Here is the Lychas sp.

One of the females with a few babies (my camera could not focus to get a close enough picture).
I also found one but it's a bit big I don't know it's features and it's real name. 1486096849340.jpg

Oroborus

Arachnosquire
I'm just thrilled to see another Canuck scorp lover - and in BC! Please keep us apprised of their progress. I know I would be interested if you establish a sucessful breeding program. I was in the Philippines last year and saw some really cool spiders and beetles, but no scorpions unfortunately. Cheers!

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
I'm just thrilled to see another Canuck scorp lover - and in BC! Please keep us apprised of their progress. I know I would be interested if you establish a sucessful breeding program. I was in the Philippines last year and saw some really cool spiders and beetles, but no scorpions unfortunately. Cheers!
This thread is from '08. Good luck getting a response.