New scorpion

kiananna

Arachnopeon
Hey there long time board reader first time poster.
I recently got an Asian Forest Scorpion. Its enclousre is a bioactive setup in a 10gal tank that i had going for about 8 weeks before i introduced the scorpion into it. I have powder orange isopods and springtails as my cleanup crew. and have a pothos plant.
The scorpion has been in the tank for about 2 weeks now, The issue is that its trashing the tank entirely and has killed off almost half the pothos plant. Is this normal. Is there anything i can do. Or a better plant to put into the tank?

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I recently got an Asian Forest Scorpion. Its enclousre is a bioactive setup in a 10gal tank that i had going for about 8 weeks before i introduced the scorpion into it. I have powder orange isopods and springtails as my cleanup crew. and have a pothos plant.
The scorpion has been in the tank for about 2 weeks now, The issue is that its trashing the tank entirely and has killed off almost half the pothos plant. Is this normal. Is there anything i can do. Or a better plant to put into the tank?
I think the Latin name is:-
Plantus plasticious.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Just guessing. Now is the time they become active, and their major activity is plowing up the detritus. Several months of hibernation gives them an appetite for a Smorgasbord of nightly feeding. If your tank was normal in situ you would have several inches of various grades of decomposing compost they would be plowing through. Tearing up the surface seems to be making the best of a very limited situation and venue.
Keep in mind in their native habitat this is the SE Asian equivalent of the end of autumn. Knee deep in fallen leaves and debris out in the forests. The next cycle is the rains starting up, turning the forests into a gigantic compost factory.

Last edited:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
That is their natural behavior. Live plants are not a good idea. They get uprooted and their light requirements are opposite to that of the scorpions.

SilentBob63

Arachnopeon
glad i joined when i did, I'm getting ready to move mine to a new enclosure and it was to include live plants. guess we'll be sticking to moss and plantus plasticus.

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
glad i joined when i did, I'm getting ready to move mine to a new enclosure and it was to include live plants. guess we'll be sticking to moss and plantus plasticus.
Of course, you cannot forget the classic corkbark.