New Scorp!

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
After the recent lost of one of my beloved pets, I decided to pickup a flat rock scorpion at an expo. Very cool species, not even slightly aggressive. Any one else keep any?

Attachments

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Flat rocks are fun, I used to have a big female who was about well behaved as they can be. She had a hell of a pinch though if she got worked up enough to try anything and your finger was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Planning on getting another someday when I have the space.

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
Flat rocks are fun, I used to have a big female who was about well behaved as they can be. She had a hell of a pinch though if she got worked up enough to try anything and your finger was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Planning on getting another someday when I have the space.
very cool, this is my first non tropical invert, I'm very excited to see how big she gets, I was told there very slow growers though

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
After the recent lost of one of my beloved pets, I decided to pickup a flat rock scorpion at an expo. Very cool species, not even slightly aggressive. Any one else keep any?
I just recently bought 2 huge AF H. troglodytes from a dealer here on Arachnoboards, they are some of my favorite species :D I have paucidens and troglodytes females, and they can get very defensive and pinchy when caught in the open. My two new girls were very defensive when I got them. They just have such a unique look to them, with huge size to boot ;) Pretty active too, mine like to move around quite a bit. Only downside is that mine seem to never want to eat in front of me :( My paucidens is fat, but I have only seen her eat twice in front of my. Others have not eaten yet. Hope yours does well for you, beautiful H. troglodytes :D

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
I just recently bought 2 huge AF H. troglodytes from a dealer here on Arachnoboards, they are some of my favorite species :D I have paucidens and troglodytes females, and they can get very defensive and pinchy when caught in the open. My two new girls were very defensive when I got them. They just have such a unique look to them, with huge size to boot ;) Pretty active too, mine like to move around quite a bit. Only downside is that mine seem to never want to eat in front of me :( My paucidens is fat, but I have only seen her eat twice in front of my. Others have not eaten yet. Hope yours does well for you, beautiful H. troglodytes :D
Cool! I'd love to see a picture! Mine ate half a hisser when I got her, and then I transferred her to a tank, and then watched her grab another Dubia, was kind of suprised!

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They are super super slow growers and they can go ridiculous amounts of time without eating and not be any worse for wear. I never saw my female eat the whole time I had her (almost two years). Sometimes I'd find roach bits, other times I'd find the roach. They can really put it away though if they're hungry. Same with drinking. If they're really thirsty they'll drain a bottle cap of water in no time.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Agree, extremely slow growth w/h Hadogenes sp. overall.
Have an AF H troglodytes, that since acclimated, moves about less than a G. rosea. ;) Has gone 2+ months between feedings, but when hungry will eat 2-3 large crickets.
I've quite a few H. paucidens, 1" - 4.5", and do cartwheels when one of them molts. Lol!

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
Here is a pic of one of my females with a pen for size reference. I keep them all in a divided 20 gallon, which is pretty awesome :D
She's huge! Thanks! I'm thinking about getting some blue death feigning beetles but idk if my flat rock will try to kill them or not