New Scolopendra heros arizonensis

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Usually I can only get one to three of these guys in a year but this year has been better. These guys came today and the tiniest is a bit worse for wear. Usually when they come in they don't want to catch a cricket so I offer a little piece of protein jelly (3 of them are chowing down in the photos, it took them a second to find it). The big one is huge but it looks like it just molted so it has a lot of weight & length to gain. This is one of the few centipedes that looks sharper in real life than in photos.

Attachments

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they look pretty sharp to me already.
Nice new pedes, very nice color patterns.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nice pick-up! I see how many would like the banded better. I favor the solid color with the solid black head. There is another I've seen that has the three black tergites at the end but the head is not fully dark, like the one in your pics, but with no bands. It'd be nice to see babies from those, I don't think I've seen pling pics with the mom of that variety:?

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looking good E&A!

Be contacting you soon..

bholmes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How big do these grow? I have one that is 3" or so. I may be biased because this is the only pede I own but they are GORGEOUS.

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
They get as big as larger Scolopendra subspinipes. If you owned anything but hardwickei you'd be even more biased towards this one.