New sac, Tap violaceus

venomous.com

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm having good luck with these little guys, just got my second sac in one month! I'll be pulling the first sac in about a week so wish me luck. I was shocked when a lil 3.5" male molted mature but he definitely had the right stuff :D

Harrod

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Grats on the two sacs! Have you thought about letting mom take care of the sac until they hatch? With taps I have found they do much better hatching when they are kept with the female. Female taps are very good moms. I'm not saying they can't be incubated. I have just had poor results incubating them as well as a few others I know. Anyways good luck!!!

venomous.com

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Grats on the two sacs! Have you thought about letting mom take care of the sac until they hatch? With taps I have found they do much better hatching when they are kept with the female. Female taps are very good moms. I'm not saying they can't be incubated. I have just had poor results incubating them as well as a few others I know. Anyways good luck!!!
My only fear with this approach is catching the babies and the female will feed a bit sooner if I pull the sac from her. I suppose I could put her container inside a larger one to capture especially independent slings.

Anyone else had a problem incubating Tap eggs?

Harrod

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As far as catching the babies it is a bit tougher but not that difficult. They tend to stick to their web. Mom can be tough to remove but a little prodding will get her on her way.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:drool::drool: Congrats! Must add some more Taps to my collection.