new rose hair T/age/id?

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
Looks like a G. porteri, I'd add a little more sub for the specimen to minimize the distance from the top to the bottom of the enclosure.. as-well as keeping them on dry earth as they prefer it with a water-dish lastly unless you've raised the T yourself from since they were eggs with legs its inconclusive what age a T would be as factors such as feeding freq, temperature etc all plays a role in growth rate.

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
It actually looks more like sp. "northern gold"... @Exoskeleton Invertebrates , what do you think, you have lots of experience with these "alternative" rosies.

Enclosure looks fine, just too damp as mentioned.

Age matters less than DLS with tarantulas.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
She's going to be up against the walls for some time with that substrate being so wet ;) i would try and take it out to dry in the oven, but that's my personal preference.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Northern type....thanks....i don't know why I always think "gold" is part....thanks jose.
Well "gold" is part of the northern type. I say "Northern Type" because of the different color forms of them and also that's what one of my importers sells them as. The question is as usual which color form is it that op has? @cold blood either way you're getting the hang of it you are getting to know the difference between the porteri etc. from one another.