New Q about C. Versicolor

Martha B

Arachnopeon
It finally ate its tiny cricket!!! Now that it knows there’s a food source, hopefully it will settle in and make a web. So relieved that it took this first step.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Container is too large to efficiently provide prey/predator interactions. I use smaller containers with small Avics

Martha B

Arachnopeon
Container is too large to efficiently provide prey/predator interactions. I use smaller containers with small Avics
I placed it into a smaller container. The vendor also provided a vial for this sling and I moved it into that.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
It finally ate its tiny cricket!!! Now that it knows there’s a food source, hopefully it will settle in and make a web. So relieved that it took this first step.
Hooray! She likes her new house then. I just love my tiny little blue fuzzy butt. She's my favorite. :)

Martha B

Arachnopeon
You know, my brother is the one that got me interested in T's and the C. Versicolor was the one I originally wanted. But then he told me that it might be easier to start with a Terrestrial species, so I got a GBB and a B. Albo as a freebie. It didn't take more than 2 weeks for me to decide I wasn't satisfied and still wanted the C. Versicolor, so I got it. It is my favorite. I love it so much, I haven't named it yet because I want to give it a special name. It's definitely a bit of a prima donna but that just adds to the character of the species. It's definitely worth it since it is such a beautiful spider. I'm going to enjoy watching it grow.

And I added more circulation to the vial....FYI.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
You know, my brother is the one that got me interested in T's and the C. Versicolor was the one I originally wanted. But then he told me that it might be easier to start with a Terrestrial species, so I got a GBB and a B. Albo as a freebie. It didn't take more than 2 weeks for me to decide I wasn't satisfied and still wanted the C. Versicolor, so I got it. It is my favorite. I love it so much, I haven't named it yet because I want to give it a special name. It's definitely a bit of a prima donna but that just adds to the character of the species. It's definitely worth it since it is such a beautiful spider. I'm going to enjoy watching it grow.
Haha I have a GBB and a B. albo too. :) I got the GBB because I wanted a "heavy webber," but mine is broken. She hardly webs at all. I was nervous to get an arboreal, but finally took the plunge a few weeks ago and man she is just the cutest thing ever. Mine is Chame because she changes colors as she grows and the first thing I thought of was chameleon. lol

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This container is certainly not too big. ;) And before you ask, OP already provided more ventilation. :)

@Martha B Good to hear it ate. It'll settle down soon enough and start webbing... until you wish it wouldn't have. :p
That size is fine, size matters.