New puppy dog

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
When I was in TN on my road trip, I found this dog at the camp ground where I had been staying. It had been running around there for a couple weeks, according to the owner of the place, and was obviously starving. It wouldnt come up to anyone, but one time I was riding the owners golf cart across the property, and the dog suddenly ran up and jumped in my lap. At first we thought it was a he, because its belly was so matted with hair, but when I had it groomed at home we found out it was a she, lol.

The poor thing had been spayed, but the stitches had never been removed and had absessed and her hair had grown into them. I cant imagine how painful it was to walk, because every stepped pulled on the hair that was stuck to the nasty stitches.

Shes a great dog, very smart and very sweet. We arent sure what kind of mix she is, but she has a sent patch halfway down her tail, so shes probably got wolf in her somewhere. That would also explain her very unusual eyes, and the splay footed way she walks.

Anyway, here are the pics. I took her for a run on my ranch, and afterwards took her to a stock tank to drink. She jumped in and swam around for like 20 mins. I couldnt get her out, she wouldnt come up to me, lol. She even jumped back in after I dragged her out once.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She's got beautiful eyes. Lucky girl to have found you.

Dark

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe its part wolf :p . The 6th picture down makes it look like it is some kind of wild dog, Although it is very possible I am very wrong. Very cool looking dog, good luck!

also did it have that green collar on before or after you took her home/.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She is beautiful. I wonder if maybe she has some husky in her, that would account for the eyes. You and she are lucky to have each other. How old does the vet think she is?

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
She's so very beautiful! Look at those gorgeous eyes! She's very lucky to have found you.

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Maybe its part wolf :p . The 6th picture down makes it look like it is some kind of wild dog, Although it is very possible I am very wrong. Very cool looking dog, good luck!

also did it have that green collar on before or after you took her home/.
The vet does thing she has wolf in her. A friend of mine who breeds Timber wolves is also pretty positive about it as well. He said that Arctic wolves have blue eyes as puppies, but they turn yellow.

I got her the collar, she had no identification when I found her.

How old does the vet think she is?
The vet guessed about 9 months. The stitches in her belly had been there for at least 2, so she was probably spayed around 6 or 7 months.

I named her Banks, after the company that makes diesel performance parts. She loves my truck, and thinks its hers, so I thought naming her after a diesel company was appropriate.

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Part siberian husky is maybe more likely then a wolf hybrids down in Texas
The eyes look just like a huskys

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She is beautiful! You are very lucky to have found such a cutiepie! And she is very lucky to have found you!

I love water dogs. :D Mine won't get out even if he is so tired he'll drown. I have to give him a life jacket just so he won't go under when he's pooped.

Her name fits very well. :) Especially if she gets grumbly like diesles do. I love diesle, it smells like sunshine. :D

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow, great find Sky. If her personality is half as beautiful as her looks, you are very lucky. I keep looking at her face and ears, could there be border collie in her as well?

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow, great find Sky. If her personality is half as beautiful as her looks, you are very lucky. I keep looking at her face and ears, could there be border collie in her as well?
I'm thinking Border Collie, too, rather than wolf. Border Collies can have blue eyes, as part of either the merle gene or the piebald gene(responsible for the classic pattern usually seen in this breed, called "Irish spotting"). The coat and the slinky gait seem very Border Collie-ish. Wolves only have blue eyes as very young pups, but not by the time they reach this age. The chocolate coloration is also common in both Border Collies and Australian Shepherds, another breed that often has blue eyes. I've had purebred wolves and high-content wolf-dogs, and if she's got any wolf in her at all, it's a very minute amount. Either way, she looks like a good dog, but one that will be smart enough to be a challenge.

pitbulllady

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Those eyes are something else! The brown hair really brings out the color of them. I like how they fade from light blue to darker blue.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i know we do not always see eye to eye but ANY ONE who saves a dog /puppy has a good kind heart as i love dogs if any one can help then i say well done :clap: :clap: good luck to you and her and thank you for doing a kind thing :worship: :worship: :worship: :) phil

Melmoth

ArachnoSweetTalker
Old Timer
Beautiful pup Sky, and props for your act of kindness.

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Got some more pictures today when I was out at the ranch. She loves to run so much she whines to get out of the truck as soon as we get out there. Yesterday she ran over 2 miles cause I couldnt catch her, and today was almost 2 as well.

And here are some of the goofy girl riding in the bed of my truck. She gets all sad and dopey when I make her ride in the cab. She loves the wind like no other.

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She's a beaut! I'm thinking she's got some border collie in her, too. She has markings like a boxer, but not the head or the tail. Beautiful, whatever her bloodlines are.

Nice Ebola avatar too, by the way.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I saw a chocolate-and-white Border Collie yesterday on the Travel Channel, on some show about one of the ranches in TX, that looked exactly like her, except that the body had not been clipped, and it only had one blue eye(the other was amber). Border Collies do not always have a lot of white on them; my sister had one that was nearly solid black. That high energy level, with the need to run, is typical for that breed. Have you taken this dog around livestock, especially sheep or goats, to see how she reacts? She might just be a really great stock dog, maybe even already trained.

pitbulllady

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Border Collies will herd children, too. If you have any small relatives, and the dog grabs them by the seat of the pants or just forces them in one direction with a body-check, it might have herding dog in it. I didn't mention it in my earlier reply, but good for you for taking her in. Also, I know a good person when an animal comes right to them; dogs and cats always come to me (the big softie) too.