New Prospecting Owner with Questions

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Alright guys just a few more questions. I got my Vietnamese in the mail yesterday by the way. Its a great 'pede and is very cool to watch.

How do I keep my humidity up?

When should my centipede molt, it's about 6" long.
humidity should be cared for by keeping a large-ish water dish full most of the time and overflowing it into the substrate. the substrate drying out is what will provide a lot of humidity in the air just above it. if stuff is drying out too fast you can restrict ventilation

at 6" bodylength (not counting antenna or legs) a subspinipes is adult and probably going to molt on the order of once a year

mindlessvw

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cover the top of whatever it is in...that way humidity can't get out...

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oops. I just noticed I misspelled Ethmostigmus at the beginning of the thread. Hope it didn't mess you up if you paid attention to it. I can't edit it anymore. Congrates on your new pede. No pics? On a "venom" note, I got tagged by a big S. h. castaneiceps a while back. Not something to take lightly.. for most people, hehe. Several hours of pain and a swollen forearm for a few days.

syiware

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Alright guys I'm buying from ajexotics, because I got a e-mail back less than an hour from recieving and have heard good reviews, from them I can choose:

Haitian Giant Centipede- $30
Chinese Giant Centipede- $40
Vietnamese Orange Leg- $20
Egyptian Centipede- $20

I like the Haitian the Chinese and the Egyptian pretty much the same only favoring the Hatian because of its colors. Which one would you recommend out of those. I didn't pick the Vietnamese, because I've heard their bites are extremely painful. I plan on putting one of these guys in a 10 gallon aquarium.
chinese giant centipede..maybe Ss. mutilans? 40 bucks? too expensive.. it's only 15 bucks here in korea for an adult pede. and 80~90$ for 8~13cm subadult haitian centipede. of course mutilans also lives here.

-locke