New pooch wandered up....

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
He showed up a few weeks ago.. Really calm pup..

He has taken a liking to my 4 year old neice..
Whats funny.. My niece went to spend 4 days with her dad... The dog was gone the whole time.. The day my neice made it home.. The dog was sitting on the porch.. Like he was waiting for her.. :razz:

Anyways.. I am thinking about adopting it.. Sort of... Its already adopted us.. {D

Here he is.. :)

odiakkoh

Arachnosquire
Oh man he is handsome. Better get that electric fence up before he has all the girls in the neighborhood wanting some of that.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's always amazing how dogs are like that. You know he's a forever friend if he's found you :)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
He is a good dog.. Though.. He hates being inside.. I brought him in for a few seconds.. Yeah.. He started whining & being a big baby! LoL!

Other than that.. He gets along with my Chihuahua, my niece's Chihuahua, & my moms little mutt (Chihuahua X Dachshund mix).. It does not like the cats though.. They all have taken to hiding on top of the house or carport..

Im not sure what kind of dog he is either.. I would think some kind of bulldog mix or something.. Im not to sure though..

*Edit* He kind of reminds me of that dog off of the movie "Turner & Hooch".. I think its a bullmastiff on the movie.. But I know this one is NOT a bullmastiff.. But acts like the one on the movie.. LoL!

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
He's adorable! Pit/lab mix would be my guess. How old do you think he is?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
He's adorable! Pit/lab mix would be my guess. How old do you think he is?
I cant really say on its age.. If I had to hazard a guess.. I would say no more than 4... Maybe 5 months old.. Though Im not to sure..

If it means anything.. He still has his puppy teeth.. :eek:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
He's adorable! Pit/lab mix would be my guess.
It just hit me.. If that is a pit/lab mix... Im going to so rub that in my moms face... {D She doesnt like the pit breed.. (Ignorance I know!) But because of the reputation the media has on the breed.. She said she will not have any kind of pit around her house..

The thing is.. She likes this little pup.. Alot.. LoL!

My folks normaly run off or catch & take off dogs that wonder in their yard & stick around..

But this one.. My mom has taken a liking to.. She almost gets excited when he runs up to her while she is outside.. LoL!

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If he still has his puppy teeth the vet should be able to tell you when he goes for his shots. Congrats Tommy he is a looker. :D

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i second pit/lab mix. congrats, hopefully he ends up being a wonderful addition to the family :)

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
I would have to agree with the lab/pit mix. :)

He's adorable!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Kind of looks like there is a little bit of bird dog in there but ..who knows. Been a while since I've had a dog. That one seems pretty cool, are you going to take care of it?

jt39565

Arachnoknight
Your buddy there is looking good, I personally like mutts better than purebreds.
Just an FYI, Hootch was a "Dogue de Bordeaux", or in America known as a French Mastiff.

BrotherM213

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
nice looking pooch! you might want to take it to the vet to see if it is chipped though. someone could be looking for it you know? looks like it was pretty well cared for. congrats if you end up adopting it!

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I definitely believe this pooch has a lot of APBT in it, if not a purebred chocolate "red-nose". It's hard to tell though, and I've been fooled before by mixed-breeds with absolutely no APBT in them at all, even after breeding purebred APBT's for over 25 years! If I can be fooled, imagine how easy it would be for someone with little real first-hand knowledge of the breed, or dogs in general, to be fooled...hence so many dogs that are automatically called "pit bulls", especially if they've done something bad or scary. It's almost a default response from someone who is asked what kind of dog just bit/scratched/growled at/barked at/peed on/looked at/ran after/followed them, their dog, their cat, a neighbor's kid, etc-"it was a PIT BULL!" Ask someone who is scared of snakes what kind of snake they saw under their carport, and you'll almost be guaranteed, "IT WAS A RATTLESNAKE/COPPERHEAD/WATER MOCCASIN!" Ask someone what kind of dog, and they'll swear it was a "pit bull", as if there are no other kinds of snakes or dogs anywhere in the world.

It's funny, though, but often the people who hate "pit bulls" the worst are the ones most likely to fall for one and become a defender and ally of the breed. I've known more than one person who was a certified "Kool-Aid drinker", buying into the media propoganda hook, line and sinker, until a real APBT came into their life and changed their whole outlook. Hopefully, this will happen with your mom.

pitbulllady

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
He looks very much APBT to me... actually, he is nearly the spitting image of a gorgeous little ADBA pup I know of... but, no where near you, so it's not him LOL

If he still has his puppy teeth, he is most likely under or around 4 months old... as that is when most dogs start to lose their puppy teeth.

Why didn't you text me about him?! Jerk :p He is adorable!!