new pink toe enclosure

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Do those tanks get enough cross-ventilation for a pinktoe?
They do, yeah.

Enclosure definitely needs some work.

I’d add some cork bark and a good canopy of fake foliage along the top. I always remove the styrofoam wall along the back too. Feeders can get stuck behind it and rot.

Also, I hope to god you don’t plan on leaving that heat lamp there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Angelo303

Arachnosquire
Enclosure definitely needs some work.

I’d add some cork bark and a good canopy of fake foliage along the top. I always remove the styrofoam wall along the back too. Feeders can get stuck behind it and rot.

Also, I hope to god you don’t plan on leaving that heat lamp there.
i added a fake cork bark on the foam wall so it can hide you cannot see it because it is camouflaged with the foami also added fake plants close to the entrance so it can feel more safe and for the lamp it is not a heat lamp its just a Led bulb

Last edited:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Yeah, they're fine, as warm air leaves the top it pulls in fresh air through the lower front vents.

You honestly don't need the crazy amounts of ventilation holes that I often see people put in their Avic enclosures.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
i added a fake cork bark on the foam wall so it can hide you cannot see it because it is camouflaged with the foami also added fake plants close to the entrance so it can feel more safe and for the lamp it is not a heat lamp its just a Led bulb
Your spider can still be cooked by an LED bulb. They’re drawn to warmer areas of their enclosures and can easily overheat and die. They don’t thermoregulate like we do.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
like i said its not a heat lamp it doesn't produce no heat but i will elevate it more
Not trying to be an ass but why do you want a bulb above the enclosure at all? Doesn’t do anything for the tarantula. In fact, they can be quite photosensitive.

Also, I noticed in your pfp that you have a humidity/temp gauge in the enclosure. Not necessary either. Your avic is fine unless your house is above 60 F or below maybe 90 F. Humidity isn’t a factor. As long as they are reasonably dry and have enough ventilation you’re good. Chasing numbers can be dangerous.

Angelo303

Arachnosquire
Not trying to be an ass but why do you want a bulb above the enclosure at all? Doesn’t do anything for the tarantula. In fact, they can be quite photosensitive.

Also, I noticed in your pfp that you have a humidity/temp gauge in the enclosure. Not necessary either. Your avic is fine unless your house is above 60 F or below maybe 90 F. Humidity isn’t a factor. As long as they are reasonably dry and have enough ventilation you’re good. Chasing numbers can be dangerous.
i live in denver its a must to have a temp gauge, humidity isnt really my concern

tewebag

Arachnoknight
i live in denver its a must to have a temp gauge, humidity isnt really my concern
Not really, plenty of people live in cooler areas than Denver and they are not a "must have". As long as you are comfortable in the room the tarantula will be also, if you let the room get freezing cold then you shouldn't have any living animal in it.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes, I've used them, as many, many people here and in Europe too.

Yeah, they're fine, as warm air leaves the top it pulls in fresh air through the lower front vents.

You honestly don't need the crazy amounts of ventilation holes that I often see people put in their Avic enclosures.
You just need 2 holes and a wind tunnel!

i live in denver its a must to have a temp gauge
It isn't, but why do you think it is?

Last edited by a moderator: