New Pet tarantula

XxTarantulaQueenxX

Arachnopeon
I need help choosing a new pet tarantula I know exactly what I want and hope maybe one of you could help me pick one So basically I already have one tarantula a Juvenile avicularia avicularia pinktoe tarantula I love her very much and hope to add an addition to the family I recently wanted a rose hair for a while and still undecided whether or not to get one because I found out most rose hairs have a temper which I really don't want so If that is wrong please let me know if they are or not but if so this is all the things I want in a tarantula so If you could find the perfect sweetie for my family BELOW IS WHAT I WANT

A easy docile and handleable tarantula
Not fast
Life span does not matter
Very active tarantula that will not just sit all day
I really want a terrestrial but It does not matter as long as it is not a burrower
I don't really want a huge tarantule but I can work with big or small
ALL I WANT IS A PERFECT TARANTULA FOR ME ALTHOUGH I KNOW THERE IS NO SUCH THING I HOPE SOMEONE CAN FIND A TARANTULA THAT HAS MOST OR ALL THE THINGS I WANT

THANKS!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Well if you want something handleable a tarantula isn’t the right choice. Rocks are more handleable and safer than a tarantula is in that regard. You could easily kill a tarantula that way.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
You came to the wrong place asking for "Handleable" tarantulas.

Believe it or not handling a fish makes a lot more sense and is safer for the animal then handling a Tarantula.

If you truly understand that and no longer want to handle the spider, recommendations may be made.

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
I need help choosing a new pet tarantula I know exactly what I want and hope maybe one of you could help me pick one So basically I already have one tarantula a Juvenile avicularia avicularia pinktoe tarantula I love her very much and hope to add an addition to the family I recently wanted a rose hair for a while and still undecided whether or not to get one because I found out most rose hairs have a temper which I really don't want so If that is wrong please let me know if they are or not but if so this is all the things I want in a tarantula so If you could find the perfect sweetie for my family BELOW IS WHAT I WANT

Not fast
Life span does not matter
I really want a terrestrial but It does not matter as long as it is not a burrower
I don't really want a huge tarantule but I can work with big or small
ALL I WANT IS A PERFECT TARANTULA FOR ME ALTHOUGH I KNOW THERE IS NO SUCH THING I HOPE SOMEONE CAN FIND A TARANTULA THAT HAS MOST OR ALL THE THINGS I WANT

THANKS!
G.Pulchripes is a great and docile N/W, they are gorgeous as well and pretty good display T’s. Excellent feeders as well... Brachypelma are also good display T’s but prone to flicking. Look in the typical ‘pet rock’ genera and perhaps treat yourself to a less common sp. such as a Euathlus sp. or B.Albiceps.
No T will be active in the sense that it’ll pace up and down the enclosure. All are pretty much pet rocks, if you want a good display sp. then check out the stuff mentioned above.
No tarantula is handleable, all it does is stress the T and put in in unnecessary danger. No matter how seamlessly it is done.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
G.Pulchripes is a great and docile N/W, they are gorgeous as well and pretty good display T’s. Excellent feeders as well... Brachypelma are also good display T’s but prone to flicking. Look in the typical ‘pet rock’ genera and perhaps treat yourself to a less common sp. such as a Euathlus sp. or B.Albiceps.
No T will be active in the sense that it’ll pace up and down the enclosure. All are pretty much pet rocks, if you want a good display sp. then check out the stuff mentioned above.

No tarantula is handleable, all it does is stress the T and put in in unnecessary danger. No matter how seamlessly it is done.
Hey..hey....my pulchripes ATE anddddddd MOLTED within 12 hrs last night!!!!...pet rock....pfft! ;)

He even came down off his corkbark hide to do the molting 🤣🤣🤣🤣

XxTarantulaQueenxX

Arachnopeon
I did not mean to offend anyone when I said Handleable I meant for transporting and such not for self enjoyment LOL
I understand that tarantulas do not enjoy it in anyway and it is dangerous but I sometimes need to clean enclousers so by handleable I could keep them in another container with the tarantula not shooting hairs or running away.
Unless you have any reccomendations of a tarantula I do not need anymore explaining

THANKS both of you,

Last edited:

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
There are many many threads on this topic feel free to use the search bar.

I'd narrow it down to a genus I like and pick from there.

That being said you can get 10 of the same species of tarantula and they can all act differently. So behavior is far from a sure thing.

Good Luck!

XxTarantulaQueenxX

Arachnopeon
There are many many threads on this topic feel free to use the search bar.

I'd narrow it down to a genus I like and pick from there.

That being said you can get 10 of the same species of tarantula and they can all act differently. So behavior is far from a sure thing.

Good Luck!
Hmm ok well I'll keep that in mind when I get a rose hair

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
That doesn't even narrow it down to a species.

G. porteri or G. rosea?

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Why do you want to be told what to get, there are just sooooo many species to learn about just from searching and reading on here, what’s the fun in that? Your missing out on all the fun of actually learning about different genera and species.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Oh :lol: porteri
But rosea are pretty cool what do u reccomend?
I agree with smoltzer. Do some digging. Find a GENUS you really like and THEN a species. BUT if you're asking me between porteri and rosea.....They're very very similar and were confused for eachother for decades. I'd go for a rosea RCF which stands for red color form.

XxTarantulaQueenxX

Arachnopeon
Why do you want to be told what to get,

I don't want to be told what to get but I like reccomendations
and trust me I DID A TON OF REASEARCH
Well thank you all I think u told me everything I need to know. still don't know guess I better keep searching...

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Okay then what were the all species you researched? We might be able to better give you a recommendation of what would be better for you based off of your list of possible species. I think that’s a better place to start.

XxTarantulaQueenxX

Arachnopeon
Ok then I did most reasearch on ----genus Avicularia, C. versicolor, Grammostola rosea, Grammostola poteri and Tliltocatl albopilosum I also like Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens they are so pretty
I did a bit on--- Mexican Redknee, B. smithi, also grammostola pulchra, and Cyriopagopus lividum but theyre defensive behavior might not be the best for me.

Reezelbeezelbug

Arachnosquire
Look into Homoeomma chilensis (formerly Euathlis sp red). Unfortunately they're pretty expensive if you manage to find a reasonably grown one, otherwise they're super slow growing and start out really teeny tiny. They're a "dwarf" that doesn't get very big.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Ok then I did most reasearch on ----genus Avicularia, C. versicolor, Grammostola rosea, Grammostola poteri and Tliltocatl albopilosum I also like Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens they are so pretty
I did a bit on--- Mexican Redknee, B. smithi, also grammostola pulchra, and Cyriopagopus lividum but theyre defensive behavior might not be the best for me.
Grammastola, Tliltocatl, and Brachypelma are 3 great Genus' to look more in depth into. All the species in the genus have similar behavior but look different and have different price points. You named one or two of each but there are SO many more to choose from. Stick to those 3 Genus' and have a ball picking out a species!