New pede.

Mike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi all,

Just want to share a pic of my new Scolopendra Subspinipes Dehaani I just bought from Avery Exotics. It is about 6-6.5 inches and mean as hell and a really healthy specimen.I hope you like it
P.S. Thanks Dave

Mike

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Gorgeous pede, but did you mean, Scolopendra subspinipes dehanni "mau chau". I say this because it looks just like mine...

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Scolopendra subspinipes de haani is a species and subspecies name. "mau chau" or whatever is a vally in vietnam cents (and likely other stuff) are collected from. there is also a typical colorform of that region, which is apparently what you have hear.

i'm not much into subspinipes so i can never keep it all straight. pretty things, though

Mike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh,

Well thanks for the info. This pede is so cool.
Mike

Arachnomaniak

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Good to hear that you managed to get the little devil from the container into the enclosure without problems! I think it's much easier to get them from a small container to a large one and not the other way around... Trust me, I had to do it to get him to you :p
And as cacoseraph mentioned, the species is Scolopendra subspinipes de haani and the "locale" (area the pede is from) is "mau chau".
Enjoy the new addition and here's your fair warning, keeping pedes is addictive and you will want more :) I'll have my species list handy when you're ready to expand :}

Mike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Good to hear that you managed to get the little devil from the container into the enclosure without problems! I think it's much easier to get them from a small container to a large one and not the other way around... Trust me, I had to do it to get him to you :p
And as cacoseraph mentioned, the species is Scolopendra subspinipes de haani and the "locale" (area the pede is from) is "mau chau".
Enjoy the new addition and here's your fair warning, keeping pedes is addictive and you will want more :) I'll have my species list handy when you're ready to expand :}
Yeah keep that list handy because I already feel I'm starting to need more:)
And thanks for the multiple confirmations of the "mau chau". I too suspected it. It's amazing how they articulate their antenaie ( spelling?).They move them back when eating and they can control every segment of each to move them where they want. Very interesting creatures and command respect. Thanks,
Mike