new pede (Scolopendra hardwickei )

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Mr Internet!! ...." do a simple search on "Scolopendra hardwickei" or "Scolopendra hardwicki" on here or Google and you can see many pics of the exact same type " Im a little bit confused Sir! You show me a link where you can get same exact pictures then Ill go away!! Perhaps you owned your private search engine that I can use that will be nice {D
Sorry, I realize English isn't your first language... let me clarify. Same exact TYPE means that there are other pictures out there depicting this centipede, with the same colorations. I didn't mean to imply that there were lots of other exact SAME pictures. I hope that's a bit clearer? Besides, to od a quick search before saying that a long-time member here had posted "fake" photos should have been your responsibility... if you just type the names into Google, you can see for yourself.

PS> I'm not doubting Steve knowledge when its comes to Pedes! All am saying is that Im not convince on what Im seeing!!
Well, you've been around for barely two months and have been keeping pedes for about a month... Steven has been registered here for 4.5 years, and has kept dozens, if not hundreds, of specimens in that time. All I'm saying is take 5 seconds and realize the source of the info in question. If someone has been registered for 3 weeks and they post photos of a lime green pede with blue stripes, then the source might be considered dubious... in this case, considering the source should have alleviated any questions.

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We can also just choose to ignore the non-believers, specially since they chose not to listen... I can really imagine Steven sitting before his computer and laughing like crazy. Wow, i'd really have a good time to have people tell me my animals aren't real :p, i bet he is :).

Thanks for the intervention, mr.Internet, it's been quite a while since you've posted in this section ( or maybe i'm wrong? ). Good to see you're still around :p.

phil.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Thanks for the intervention, mr.Internet, it's been quite a while since you've posted in this section ( or maybe i'm wrong? ). Good to see you're still around :p.
No, it's definitely been awhile... my pede collection has dwindled to about 6 remaining. There has been the requisite die-offs and a few of my pedes got a bad case of that as-yet-unidentified condition "mypedejustupanddieditis". So, due to natural attrition and the fact that I haven't bought any new pedes for a couple of year now, means I haven't had a whole lot to say I guess.

I would buy 5 of these S. hardwickei if they went on sale in the States though, that I guarantee you... :)

R.HENNING

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
For everyones info been in the hobby for 30yrs.+

I don't care for smart **** comments !
(that is just the way i am)

hazardy

Arachnopeon
Folks,

Let it go!!! Mr. 30+ Exp! LOLZ!! You have to respect what I and other think about the pictures! Same issues the last time it was posted back in 2003; I’m skeptical about it so what!? You going to cry?!

peaCe!

R.HENNING

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
O K Fine!

If it was posted in 2003, how can it be new in his collection in 2007???

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Steven, apart giving my opinion of this strange post when some people doubt of exitence of your pede ( ignorance:wall: & jelousi :8o ) I can't say to you another think that Congratulations!

You will be the people that enjoy keeping this pede, but me and all the friky parteners;P here, are very glad with you, just for see your pictures of this unusual sp. Thanks man!

Cheers
Carles

P.D: If I'm happy because I see and I hount my first cingulata in the nature this week, you must be flying with your new pede...

Last edited:

Arachnomaniak

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This thread definitely kept me entertained for about 15 mins :p
Perhaps everyone in the world got together in a giant conspiracy and painted them all with black markers ;)

Absolutley beautiful pede! I love the Halloween colours and those terminal legs are crazy!

Congrats on the rare addition! Wish I could find one to add to my collection!

Arachnoboards

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
My goodness! When you cast your doubt (which you are entitled to), did you bother researching a little yourself or do you feel that it's for others to do?

While searching in this section using the keyword "hardwickei", I came across several threads on the subject. One in particular caught my interest more than the other one.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=14127

Specifically this post and this post.

So unless you are going to travel there yourself to try and prove otherwise, I'm pretty sure this "conspiracy" is now a moot point.

Now I'm certainly not a pede person, but I'll admit that this is one gorgeous pede. You are VERY lucky Steven and thank you for sharing. :) :worship:

Debby

mischaaussems

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Besides the awesome coloration of this pede, Steven is an expert photographer. This brings out the coloration even better than a lot of crappy pictures we see with flat colours. The whole discussion about painted pedes is a laugh and that coming from people with more than 30 years experience. Keep the pics coming Steven. Nice addition to your collection

JonathanF

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I noticed that all the S. hardwickei have 2 near segments with the same color, on your pede both are orange.
On another pic the pede has 2 near black segments instead.

Do you know why? what makes the color vary? Location, sex etc..?

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Steven,

It's been a while since i come by here, and the first thread i read is this! Nice one, that's the holy grail of pedes. :clap:

I take it you just got the one?

Cheers,

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just get tired of people who don't research the subject and then start bitching and complaining about something they don't know. Another thing that ticks me off is when people insult my inteligence just because I am 16:mad: . There is a magical site called GOOGLE that has loads of exciting and places on it; if the people in doubt did a search on google AND arachnoboards we wouldn't be having this argument.:)

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
LOL! This is a great thread. I loved reading what a terrible fake this is and that someone colored it with a sharpie.
I hope I come across a bug one day that causes such a commotion.
Sweet pede BTW :)

Arachnomaniak

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I still wanna see the origional "doubter" catch a pede, hold it down and poke it with a marker :p

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I suppose if you had some clamps or some really big tweezers maybe then it would work but even catching it would be difficult.

atropos

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This should be a sticky

Very nice present Steven :drool:

Have seen the pictures on the Dutch Tarantula Society forum, Amerikanen blijven hilarisch, heel veel succes met je Scolopendra hardepikkie :worship:

Haven't got any Scolo's but there are 2 I would get if I have the money, this one and Sc. gigantea

Greetings from a rainy Holland

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
For everyones info been in the hobby for 30yrs.+

I don't care for smart **** comments !
(that is just the way i am)
You've been in the hobby for over 30 years, yet you doubt this pedes existance? Hmmm, doesn't seem too terribly logical to me :?

Great addition Steven, you're a very, very lucky man indeed! Here in the states, well, we can only dream!