New P. Metallica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauri

Arachnoknight
Actually, new members who are civil, thirsty for knowledge, and open to constructive criticism from those who have experience in this hobby are treated very well here. The problem doesn't have anything to do with you being new, it has to do with your attitude and how you respond to any criticism, no matter how constructive and well meant. The fact that you've apparently responded with profanity laced PMs as well doesn't really help your case.
Again you keep talking about how I respond to criticism...where is it? What is it I said that needed correcting. You seem unable to grasp the point. I am reacting to people saying I have poor husbandry or I am to be ignored because am new.

Please tell me where is this constructive criticism I have been giving and have refused to accept and then been rude about?

Without giving any chance to defend what it is I have said. It's like being dismissed out of hand without any reason just because I am new.

You are smearing me with having reacted to nice friendly advice. That's a barefaced lie. And you know it.

I created a thread about enclosures for two new slings and no problems. Why? Because it was a decent thread with fair and non insulting answers.

If you cant quote anything like several others here, you are just trying to waste my time. And the reason for pm's was to try and discuss things civilly. All I got was proof people are trying to troll, even more confirmation of the crap some people think they can pull.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Again you keep talking about how I respond to criticism...where is it? What is it I said that needed correcting. You seem unable to grasp the point. I am reacting to people saying I have poor husbandry or I am to be ignored because am new.

Without giving any chance to defend what it is I have said. It's like being dismissed out of hand without any reason just because I am new.

You are smearing me with having reacted to nice friendly advice. That's a barefaced lie. And you know it.

I created a thread about enclosures for two new slings and no problems. Why? Because it was a decent thread with fair and non insulting answers.
We aren't discrediting you because you're new. I'm new, I've only kept for 7 months. I've taken the time to learn, and when someone says "hey that's wrong" I don't launch the nukes, I ask why and learn from that. I use it as a teaching experience.

Mauri

Arachnoknight
@Mauri I have seen you derail a few threads now and and give advice when you have no experience :( If you have never owned or raised a P. Metallica how can you give advice? You can learn so much from this forum but you really don't help yourself by calling people who dare disagree with you either a troll or bully.

I'm a new member and I haven't experienced any bullying or mean behaviour from any member on here, so far people seem to be nice and incredibly helpful! You are new to keeping Ts, so am I. I have only been keeping for four years and still a noob or newbie and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. The members here have a wealth of knowledge to offer, you just have to listen rather than letting your ego get in the way.

Poec54 has given you some great advice below!
You realise I just won these last few pages by this post.

Perhaps someone will enlighten you as to what is wrong here and is exactly what I have been getting annoyed by and it's exactly the attitude that is wrong.

Thanks!

Am done my argument has just been 100% vindicated. (it's actually going to be quoted on the fliers I hand out).

It's reeks of elitism and snobbery.

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
What a pointless question.

How long is a piece of string? What's the average intellect of most human beings? How many trolls you think live on any forums....?
Ah ah, indeed that was a pointless question, but i'm a curious (in the good way) weirdo.

Oh, forums sometimes are full not only of Trolls but even of pious religious devoted folks, i'm not one of those of course but verily i say unto you, i'm happy that i'm not in your "list" :)

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
-Again you keep talking about how I respond to criticism...where is it?

- You realise I just won these last few pages by this post.

"Where is it?" - Your posts have been cleaned up by the moderators.

'Won these last few pages.' - Only in your mind.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Good to know he's pmed other members with insults as well. He is on my ignore list, the only one actually.....
I am a newb. And I am proud to be one, since it means I get to learn new stuff.
I really don't get why a newcomer feels the need to be so defensive. If you're in school, you need to start at the bottom basics. When you learn to ride a horse, to draw, to paint, you need to start at the basics. You will make mistakes, but that is why you're learning the basics first. If you get up on horse facing the rear end of it, and someone tells you it is better to get off and try again facing the right way, you don't argue. You get off and follow advice. That is, if you want to learn the right way to ride....

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
you don't argue. You follow advice.

Hmmm, listen and learn from other people's insight and experience, or argue and fight? Two very appealing options. What to do? I'm afraid I'd have to toss a coin on this one.

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
All I got was proof people are trying to troll
I've read your PMs, there was no trolling at all in the PMs between you and the other person. And, like in this thread and almost all your others, you exploded with vitriol.

Mauri, I hope you have some Valium by your table otherwise you may give yourself a heart attack at this rate.

I've never seen anyone react on any forum the way you have, it baffles me.

Though honestly, I can't say I'm surprised at all. As this is consistent behavior from you based on previous threads.

The responses I have read from all are consistent in these types of circumstances.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been shut down yet.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
or anyone but if they refer to me as an idiot without
Would you quote the person who did this? This is important information.

Well first off was called an idiot by a member here
Would you quote the person who did this? This is important information.

I think such information would be very helpful, mind you typing out a screenname is not proof.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I can't speak too bad about 'Papa Ciccio' (Pope Francis) otherwise one day i will end living in hell for the eternity (with Gandhi, according to South Park creators) :eek: <--- EEK!

I have to repent before it's too late otherwise:

Berserk_-_Mozgus_colpisce_un_uomo_con_un_libro.jpg

Please forgive me 'Papa Ciccio'. Amen :angelic:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Wow, even other new users and new hobbyists see what's going on. That's actually impressive.

It's also good to see that I'm not the only one whose inbox he's filled with profanities.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
I can't speak too bad about 'Papa Ciccio' (Pope Francis) otherwise one day i will end living in hell for the eternity (with Gandhi, according to South Park creators) :eek: <--- EEK!

I have to repent before it's too late otherwise:

View attachment 210613

Please forgive me 'Papa Ciccio'. Amen :angelic:
Don´t worry Chris, if you end up in the Catholic purgatory, I will always put in a good word for you to join us in the Orthodox part of heaven instead :)

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Wow, even other new users and new hobbyists see what's going on. That's actually impressive.

It's also good to see that I'm not the only one whose inbox he's filled with profanities.
I never got one of those love letters from him. Now I feel left out. :(

:D

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I will be waiting three hours before the BTS so at least now I have something to do whilst in the queue. I will also go out of my way to be most presentable and be at my most charming/eloquent.

Certainly the name poec will get a nice mention from yours truly.
Let me guess this straight, you are going to take the time to print out "thousands" of flyers, regarding an internet forum, with screen names (and maybe some select posts) of people that don't matter to people across the pond? And expect them and people on this forum to care?

If I was at an exotic animal show and someone approached me with such "information", ie flyers with some screennames/forum posts, I'd laugh in their face and say "you must be kidding, who cares, get lost"

That's the most rich post I've ever read on here.

I must be bored out of my mind to reply at all hahhahaha

mistertim

Arachnobaron
You know...after the overboard post about printing out thousands of flyers about us and distributing them, I'm starting to wonder if maybe WE'RE the ones getting trolled here. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.