New Owner

Robin460

Arachnopeon
Im a proud new owner of an 8 inch adult vietnamese.
this is the very first invertabrate ive owned although ive had my fare share of herps, amphibians, snails, and crabs.
I have a few questions.
1) what is a good diet my pede seems to like mice quite a lot but I also want to keep crickets in his/hers? diet. what would be a good amount of food per feeding day? how often should i feed?

2) Do they need to drink water? how large a water dish? i have a water dish with a sponge in it to help with moisture, but should i have an open dish?

thanks for any replies!

Peace

fatbloke

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
robin460

hopefully i can answer your questions no:1 i feed my large vietnam (s.subspinipes) 2 medium sized locusts once a week or a small roach if i cant get hold of these then i use about 3-4 large crickets. no:2 i keep a small water bowl with just water in nothing else the water bowl is the top of a large jar of coffee and it seems to be fine for it

fatbloke

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Fatbloke,

I was just wondering where you got your subspinipes from, i'm having difficulty finding any for sale in the UK. BugsdirectUK.com has a few pedes, but no subspinipes. I've searched the net but there seems to be a real lack of pedes in the UK market. Thank you.

Cheers,

Dan.