New (new river sling)

Austin

Arachnosquire
what do i try feeding this new river sling? I'v tried feeding it small crickets, then parted small crickets, now I am outside trying to catch some dam small mesquitoes lol wtf?! will it eat?!

advan

oOOo
Staff member
I have a new river sling that is maybe 1/4" that has only ate once in the two months i've had him. i offer the smallest pre-killed crickets i have once a week. don't give up they'll eat when they want to:rolleyes:

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a sling i got that was maybe 1/4" and it would eat when it was hungry. It did take a few months to go through it's molts.took about a month between molts and the time has only been increasing between molts.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
what do i try feeding this new river sling? I'v tried feeding it small crickets, then parted small crickets, now I am outside trying to catch some dam small mesquitoes lol wtf?! will it eat?!
Feeding WC (wildcaught) prey is a bad idea. :embarrassed: They can carry pesticides, parasites and an endless list of other man made chemicals. :barf: You wont be saving yourself any trouble by not purchasing 10 cent crickets if your T gets DKS or just drops dead. Good luck with your little guy! :)

psykoink

Arachnopeon
If you can get your hands on them try newborn Lateralis roaches. I have had my New River for 2 months now and it has eaten about 6 times. First time was a cricket abdomen and the last 5 were newborn Lateralis. I have the luxury of having the roaches all the time as I do breed them. The New River doesnt each much though. A cricket abdomen is a huge meal. My new River just molted 2 weeks ago and is only just now 1/4" in size. It looked like a flee when I first got it. They dont seem to grow real fast either.