New Molt: B.vagans sling!

Rob1985

This user has no status.
He/She has been in heavy pre-molt the past few days.

I come home from work this morning to this, adult coloring is starting to come in! He/She got quite a bit bigger! {D

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I viewed earlier, but I don't like replying on my phone. Did you grab the molt to try and sex it? I still enjoy my vagans even though the don't seem to be as popular now.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
I viewed earlier, but I don't like replying on my phone. Did you grab the molt to try and sex it? I still enjoy my vagans even though the don't seem to be as popular now.
I grabbed the molt this afternoon. Gave he/she some time to relax a bit.

The molt is way too small to sex, so maybe another molt or two. The B.vagans is one of my fav. of the Brachypelma genus. Black with a red haired rump ;)

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Well we can always hope its a female :)
I don't have much experience with the genus. IDK if the growth rate in this little one can show male vs female.

Who knows... I just can't wait until "it" has hardened up and stretches out.

Last edited:

bioshock

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
IO don't have much experience with the genus. IDK if the growth rate in this little one can show male vs female.

Who knows... I just can't wait until "it" has hardened up and stretches out.

Yea brachys trick me out a little.. Someone else might be able to help though.

Mara

Arachnopeon
Gotta love to see how they gain their colors as they grow :)

Lolita

Arachnoknight
nice i love my 2 little vagans i'm in the same boat though still not quite big enough to sex a molt but starting to get nice adult coloration pretty T you got there i love brachys

lord lionheart

Arachnopeon
He/She has been in heavy pre-molt the past few days.

I come home from work this morning to this, adult coloring is starting to come in! He/She got quite a bit bigger! {D
What do you mean by "heavy pre-molt". I've read a bit about moulting but just want to clarify what the signs are, can you describe the symptoms?................... so I don't miss the signs and keep feeding when the time comes?!

Crispy9168

Arachnopeon
What do you mean by "heavy pre-molt". I've read a bit about moulting but just want to clarify what the signs are, can you describe the symptoms?................... so I don't miss the signs and keep feeding when the time comes?!
usually the spider will stop eating. Then you'll start noticing the abdomen darkening, and the spider may become slow and lethargic.

webbedone

Arachnobaron
Its PURDY i love how Brachy's fill in their colours relatively early