New Mexico wolf spider ID

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
At the White Plains reptile expo, these were described as "New Mexico" sp. and that was it. Do you think it could be Hogna? Anyone know the species? Sorry for the blurry pictures, these were screen shotted off my Instagram story.

FullSizeRender-3.jpg FullSizeRender-4.jpg

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
At the White Plains reptile expo, these were described as "New Mexico" sp. and that was it. Do you think it could be Hogna? Anyone know the species?
Probably Hogna carolinensis, or at least something in that genus.

Ventral images can be helpful in distinguishing between species of Hogna.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Definitely Hogna sp. Probably carolinensis but could be coloradensis (might be spelled wrong lol)

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Awesome! She has 3 more, looking to pick one up. It looks like my Hogna carolinensis but with more of a cream color. I agree, a ventral shot would help more. Wish I got one! :banghead:

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Definitely.
My H carolinensis came from Arizona they have a more light color as well so and didn't even have the jet black ventral but with the babies from last year after molting a dozen times they are black now!

Momma wasn't.

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
At the White Plains reptile expo, these were described as "New Mexico" sp. and that was it. Do you think it could be Hogna? Anyone know the species? Sorry for the blurry pictures, these were screen shotted off my Instagram story.

View attachment 237860 View attachment 237861

Here is a pick of mine after few molts she has gotten darker maybe because she is no longer in the deset who knows. But she is definitely lighter than the northern variety.

Attachments

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
UPDATE: Apparently this species is hard to find in the hobby. I should have picked some up when I had the chance. :hurting:

RTTB

Arachnoprince
How far West does the H carolinensis range extend?