New metallic Pinktoe staying flat on the bottom

TwiztedNinja

Arachnobaron
Acquired a bigger metallic Pinktoe from a local reptile store on Saturday. She was inside a half cork tube in its old enclosure, with a good amount of webbing. Nothing out of the ordinary

Ever since bringing her home, she has stayed on the bottom in a horizontal position. With legs spread, not in a death curl or close to it. She moved around a bit when first going into this enclosure in the photo, but went back to being on the bottom shortly after. She has access to water on the sides of the enclosure and in a water dish. Was told last time she ate was about a week ago at the store

I have several arboreals of all sizes and this is the first time one has done this. At first I thought it was stressed from the transfer, but now Im not so sure. Anyone with an idea of what might be the issue? Substrate was added after the photo was taken, and the humidity gauge is there from the previous owner of the enclosure. I dont use it

Attachments

TwiztedNinja

Arachnobaron
Like I said in the post, the sub has been added. It is still on the ground even with substrate

Poonjab

Arachnoking
One thing that comes to mind is that it it could have been preparing for an upcoming molt. Now that it doesn’t have that webbed up cork tube coupled with it being put in a new environment, it could just be looking for a stable place to molt. I had something like this very similar happen to me once. Had everything it needed, ideal set up. Couldn’t figure out why it kept going to the ground. Then it molted.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
could be anything, wait it out.

where'd you get that container?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
'Access to water from the sides'
What does this mean? Do you mist her?
If she was in the enclosure first without and then with substrate, that would mean sort of being rehoused again, so she might just need a little more time to settle in. I'd tone it down with the bright lights, keep her waterdish filled but otherwise leave here alone for a few days.

There's not much else you can do.

TwiztedNinja

Arachnobaron
One thing that comes to mind is that it it could have been preparing for an upcoming molt. Now that it doesn’t have that webbed up cork tube coupled with it being put in a new environment, it could just be looking for a stable place to molt. I had something like this very similar happen to me once. Had everything it needed, ideal set up. Couldn’t figure out why it kept going to the ground. Then it molted.
I thought it might be that, but its abdomen is pretty small

could be anything, wait it out.

where'd you get that container?
Craigslist. Its Herpcult brand (can also be bought thru their site)

I also have two other smaller ones that I got at an expo last year. They are very nice

'Access to water from the sides'
What does this mean? Do you mist her?
If she was in the enclosure first without and then with substrate, that would mean sort of being rehoused again, so she might just need a little more time to settle in. I'd tone it down with the bright lights, keep her waterdish filled but otherwise leave here alone for a few days.

There's not much else you can do.
Yea I misted the sides to see if it would drink

Thanks for everyone's advice. Will update with any changes :)

BTW, I miss the site's old look :(

Last edited:

TwiztedNinja

Arachnobaron
Threw in a cricket yesterday and she ate it with no problems, did a happy dance lol, but her positioning hasnt changed. She's still flat on the bottom. Normally I feed roaches but wanted to try something that would keep moving and not play dead