cold blood

Staff member
When am I going to be able to create a thread I just got my first T and I have an important question
Here's why I believe its done...and I don't disagree. Back a year or so ago, new people had to go weeks before posting anything....its no longer like that, and as a result we now see a lot more new people jumping right in asking exceedingly common questions and often repeating similar posts that are still at the top of the page and in discussion (which shows the person made zero effort to look, and just wanted to be spoon fed).

Most questions, no matter how unique one considers it, have almost certainly been asked already. Not being able to post everywhere right away, encourages searches that will answer literally all of the basic questions, and many, if not most of the not so basic questions.

A person who joins and thoroughly goes through the forums first and does a lot of reading, will 1. have most questions answered and 2. make the person a more educated poster in the future.

That said, you did make a thread, so if there's anything you want to ask, you certainly have the platform to ask...so ask away:)

Last edited:

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Welcome aboard!
As CB posted, check the stickies first.
When I first joined I read everything before my first post. ;)

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Welcome new member! Tarantula Chat is a great place to ask questions...and chat about tarantulas ;)

AgainstAllGods

Arachnopeon
Here's why I believe its done...and I don't disagree. Back a year or so ago, new people had to go weeks before posting anything....its no longer like that, and as a result we now see a lot more new people jumping right in asking exceedingly common questions and often repeating similar posts that are still at the top of the page and in discussion (which shows the person made zero effort to look, and just wanted to be spoon fed).

Most questions, no matter how unique one considers it, have almost certainly been asked already. Not being able to post everywhere right away, encourages searches that will answer literally all of the basic questions, and many, if not most of the not so basic questions.

A person who joins and thoroughly goes through the forums first and does a lot of reading, will 1. have most questions answered and 2. make the person a more educated poster in the future.

That said, you did make a thread, so if there's anything you want to ask, you certainly have the platform to ask...so ask away:)
I agree Cold Blood, I actually only joined because after searching all over the page with no results I figured the best thing to do at that point was join.

AgainstAllGods

Arachnopeon
Thanks for all the support everybody my local invert shop eventually opened up and was able to help me out, sorry to drag everyone out here for a false alarm:);)

Belegnole

Tarantula Guy
Old Timer
Now we're curious.....and as Cold Blood says we don't really trust stores for tarantula information.

Oh! Welcome aboard!

AgainstAllGods

Arachnopeon
It dawned on me after having purchased my first T that my Ex was very trigger happy with the bug killing sprays around my house and I just want to make sure that the sign of a spider population starting to thrive would be proof that nothing is lingering around after the months she's been gone. Naturally before I handle any of my herps I am careful to be sure my hands are free of anything harmful I may have picked up through out the course of my dayall the way down to the scent free soap I use.

Where do you guys stand on this one? I own an aquarium/terrarium/pond installation and maintenance company so I'm no stranger to cross contamination and pay the utmost attention to avoid it.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
It dawned on me after having purchased my first T that my Ex was very trigger happy with the bug killing sprays around my house and I just want to make sure that the sign of a spider population starting to thrive would be proof that nothing is lingering around after the months she's been gone. Naturally before I handle any of my herps I am careful to be sure my hands are free of anything harmful I may have picked up through out the course of my dayall the way down to the scent free soap I use.

Where do you guys stand on this one? I own an aquarium/terrarium/pond installation and maintenance company so I'm no stranger to cross contamination and pay the utmost attention to avoid it.
The high strength pesticides that exterminators use typically last for 90 days or so. The stuff you get at Walmart won't last nearly as long. If it's been months since any pesticides have been used in your space, you should be fine.

cold blood

Staff member

Being as its been that long, I agree, should be fine, its not like they will be walking in the areas of direct spraying.

That's a cool company to own, I have always been interested in things of that nature....having worked in fisheries, I pretty much just like water:).