New Malaysian Forest scorpion

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
I just got one about 2 weeks ago. I think it's a fully grown female, but I'm not sure. She seems healthy but hasn't eaten, rejects waxworms and crickets. Now, she's making these little dirt balls and is almost barricading herself in her hide.

What is going on? Do they keep molting even though they're adults? The top size is about 4 inches, correct?

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
She's probably still stressed from shipping. You also shouldn't expect to see her very often since they're not exactly diurnal. My Heterometrus petersii is 4" in a normal posture (tail curled up), so if you mean that it's 4" like that, then it's likely an adult or subadult (I'm pretty sure mine's in premolt).

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
It's not uncommon for scorpions to fast, as long as yours looks fairly plump and healthy I wouldn't worry to much it could possibly be in pre-molt, yours may not be an adult yet. The only thing you can do is provide good heat, humidity, and try to offer food say once a week. Hope everything works out!

Stugy

Arachnolord
I agree with Christian. Scorpions tend to fast. Heterometrus really like to burrow and just sit in their burrows doing absolutely nothing for long periods of time. Have fun with your pet dirt! xD

Pipa

Arachnoknight
don't be surprise if you see little ones running around in a few weeks :)