New LP!

tiptoeTs

Arachnopeon
So...my LP sling arrived yesterday!! Such a tiny thing, too. Also completely different than my little b.albo which immediately dug a burrow and hasn't come out since. The LP showed no interest in the little starter burrow and just hung out on the side.

This morning I come out and looked over to see he's clinging to the top, seemingly stuck on the top vent hole mesh. I left him be for a few minutes, but the entire time he was trying so hard to grasp the glass of the top to get off the screen and just couldn't get off, like he couldn't get traction? So, I took the top off, flipped it so he was right side up...and he just walked off :shifty:
I have no idea how long he was like that so promptly gathered him up and helped him back inside.
IMG_4740.JPG
Definitely going to be an interesting T to have :rolleyes:
What's everyone else's LPs like?

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
My two l.p slings have attitude! Mine are about the same size as yours a little bigger. They are so funny right now. Subject to change their names are Kronk and Charlotte. Kronk threat postured me when I tried getting him/her into the enclosure while sitting on the paper towel he came in.
Now he has stuffed one of his crickets into his burrow and can't get it out so now he is building another.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Very easy to manage. Eats every time I feed them, unless they are in premolt. Grow extremely fast. I have a huge female ( my avatar) and three little ones. I got them In October of last year at maybe that size or smaller. They also molt monthly.

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
Very easy to manage. Eats every time I feed them, unless they are in premolt. Grow extremely fast. I have a huge female ( my avatar) and three little ones. I got them In October of last year at maybe that size or smaller. They also molt monthly.
I find mine eat pretty regularly although not right now I think they might be in pre molt. I was about to ask how often they molt. I have had mine 2 weeks and they are about the size of a quarter. Wondered when they molt.

tiptoeTs

Arachnopeon
My two l.p slings have attitude! Mine are about the same size as yours a little bigger. They are so funny right now. Subject to change their names are Kronk and Charlotte. Kronk threat postured me when I tried getting him/her into the enclosure while sitting on the paper towel he came in.
Now he has stuffed one of his crickets into his burrow and can't get it out so now he is building another.
That's the cutest things :rofl: Love the names too! I haven't named the LP, but I went with Tarot for the little b.albo.

I was wondering about molting frequency also! I knew they were fast growing, but wow :astonished: I definitely look forward to it!

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
I got mine mid December, about the size of a dime it is now the size of my thumb, full length.
very skittish
Hides most of the time. But it's tunnels are are along the edge so I always have a view.
loves to eat... and grow.. and eat and eat LOL

Oh its name is Tickles. .
Did I mention it loves to eat

cold blood

Staff member
Mesh ventilation is a poor option...as you saw, they can get their tarsal claws caught in the mesh....missing limbs and falls are often the result. I'd re-house.

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
I got mine mid December, about the size of a dime it is now the size of my thumb, full length.
very skittish
Hides most of the time. But it's tunnels are are along the edge so I always have a view.
loves to eat... and grow.. and eat and eat LOL

Oh its name is Tickles. .
Did I mention it loves to eat
Mine built their tunnels along the edge of their containers too I can always see what they are up to.