New little one!

Paiige

Arachnobaron
So I went ahead and picked up the 1" N. incei gold today. I must say I love this little thing already and we haven't even made it home yet!

No burrowing though. According to the LPS owner they've had it for several months and it hasn't burrowed at all, just made a thick little web nest for itself, which I'm not mad about.

Here's a not-so-good phone pic. I've read about these guys appreciating more space than the average T. Would you guys recommend keeping it in this vial for a bit or relocating to a deli cup?

Attachments

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
i put my incei in a pretty big cage for its size. eats often, webbed, everything, and is out all the time. also made a half dozen burrows around the sides. really cool species.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Update: this thing does the cutest #\@$#"& "happy dance" I've ever seen in my entire life. I'm kind of losing my mind right now.

Better pics to come.

I need several more of these guys immediately.

cold blood

Staff member
Update: this thing does the cutest #\@$#"& "happy dance" I've ever seen in my entire life. I'm kind of losing my mind right now.

Better pics to come.

I need several more of these guys immediately.
Most frantically excited happy dance ever...its funny.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I want a N incei gold at some point in the future, I've only had my N incei around 2 months and I love the little swine they're so much fun to keep

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Rehousing was not really fun but the deed is done. No photos of the new enclosure because *someone* keeps trying to run out when I open the lid :shifty:

Thanks to everyone who told me to get one of these, I'm super happy I did! :D
Here are some photos of the little one

Attachments

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
Ok that is really sweet looking.... Now I have another addition to my wish list.

Congrats on the new additition

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
So I went ahead and picked up the 1" N. incei gold today. I must say I love this little thing already and we haven't even made it home yet!

No burrowing though. According to the LPS owner they've had it for several months and it hasn't burrowed at all, just made a thick little web nest for itself, which I'm not mad about.

Here's a not-so-good phone pic. I've read about these guys appreciating more space than the average T. Would you guys recommend keeping it in this vial for a bit or relocating to a deli cup?
Aaaaw...she's posing for her baby pictures. So cute.

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
Most frantically excited happy dance ever...its funny.
Now I'm curious, how is it so significantly different?
And why does just reading that trigger me wanting one too now?
My "to buy" lust is growing daily, how do I stop this?

Soon, my wallet will feel like a cheap hooker after a rough night, longing for an extended crying session in the shower...

But(!) more T's! :hungry:

Congrats on your new addition, Paige!

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Now I'm curious, how is it so significantly different?
And why does just reading that trigger me wanting one too now?
My "to buy" lust is growing daily, how do I stop this?
Soon, my wallet will feel like a cheap hooker after a rough night, longing for an extended crying session in the shower...
But(!) more T's! :hungry:
Congrats on your new addition, Paige!
It's easily the most enthusiastic happy dance I've ever seen, speed wise and also in terms of abdomen movement. It's like it's so excited it wants to rub its bum on everything. It just looks so happy. I'll try and take a video next time I feed it.

The webbing is also fantastic, I couldn't snap a photo of the new enclosure this morning before work but it's dug itself a nice little burrow under one of the plants I put in and webbed the entrance into a little tunnel. It looks like there's a bit of webbing over all the plants as well, someone was a busy little bug last night! I'm curious to see what it will have done by the time I get home tonight.

I was hesitant to pick one of these up because I like being able to see my Ts and I had heard that they spend a lot of time underground (though further reading says they are often out in the open), and also because I'm not a huge fan of dwarf Ts (this one will max out between 2.5-3") but I am so happy I did it anyway.

aphono

Arachnobaron
It's easily the most enthusiastic happy dance I've ever seen, speed wise and also in terms of abdomen movement. It's like it's so excited it wants to rub its bum on everything. It just looks so happy. I'll try and take a video next time I feed it.

The webbing is also fantastic, I couldn't snap a photo of the new enclosure this morning before work but it's dug itself a nice little burrow under one of the plants I put in and webbed the entrance into a little tunnel. It looks like there's a bit of webbing over all the plants as well, someone was a busy little bug last night! I'm curious to see what it will have done by the time I get home tonight.

I was hesitant to pick one of these up because I like being able to see my Ts and I had heard that they spend a lot of time underground (though further reading says they are often out in the open), and also because I'm not a huge fan of dwarf Ts (this one will max out between 2.5-3") but I am so happy I did it anyway.
You are TOO good of a salesperson. Stop it... pleassse.... :eek:

Paiige

Arachnobaron
You are TOO good of a salesperson. Stop it... pleassse.... :eek:
Sorry not sorry :D

I don't usually gush about Ts but I would now recommend this one to anyone who may be considering it. It is, however, very quick, and during rehousing the paintbrush took some abuse so that is something to consider.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Rehousing was not really fun but the deed is done. No photos of the new enclosure because *someone* keeps trying to run out when I open the lid :shifty:
Mine were quick to run out when I first house them. Give it a few days to settle in. It'll ease out of the flee from this place mode into more of a run to my hide mode. They are a lot easier to work with once they settle. I haven't had one try to run out since they set up their homes.

When to took the two out for photos last week it was a bit of a chore trying to get them to leave the deli cup. :)

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Mine were quick to run out when I first house them. Give it a few days to settle in. It'll ease out of the flee from this place mode into more of a run to my hide mode. They are a lot easier to work with once they settle. I haven't had one try to run out since they set up their homes.

When to took the two out for photos last week it was a bit of a chore trying to get them to leave the deli cup. :)
Yeah it did not want to leave the vial, kept spinning in circles in threat pose trying to bite the brush :shifty:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
t is, however, very quick, and during rehousing the paintbrush took some abuse so that is something to consider.
Your T struck the paintbrush? Wow, all 7 of mine are pretty calm even when I ran them out to take their photo. I do go very slow when I do move them and they have always been calm.

aphono

Arachnobaron
Sorry not sorry :D

I don't usually gush about Ts but I would now recommend this one to anyone who may be considering it. It is, however, very quick, and during rehousing the paintbrush took some abuse so that is something to consider.
:p

Must be pretty quick if that's a special mention! The GBB sling in particular is very quick to pounce on pinheads. It's sitting here all cute... wham! it's over there um, "hugging and making friends with Pinhead".... I suspect these things have already developed teleportation technology...

Another thing I never expected to say, really like seeing all that webbing the GBB does. Don't know why, just love it. So your lil' dancer making all that web in just one night plus that beautiful pattern on the cephalothroax(? still new n' learning) is really making me warm up to this species.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Your T struck the paintbrush? Wow, all 7 of mine are pretty calm even when I ran them out to take their photo. I do go very slow when I do move them and they have always been calm.
Yep it did! I had just fed it though and suspect it was still hungry and thought the brush might be food because from what I understand it was fed once a week.

Needless to say, that will be changing :D