New King Baboon !!

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I was at my local pet store today getting some crix and pinkies and I spotted the most awsome looking King Baboon !! someone came in and sold off part of there T. collection and low and behold sat a 4 inch Baboon...it is the most pretty colour of cinamen and orange, nice fat rump and looks really healthy...just had to get it...my wife got it for me as an early fathers day gift...who hoooo !!! I have it in a 8 gallon container with about 7 to 8 inches of black top soil and peat mixture and a started burrow and a water dish...it is already down in the burrow...I just have one question please...I know it is impossible to sex without a pic or molt but I have read that the males are much smaller than the females...are the males more dark brown as opposed to the crushed velvet look and orange cinamen colour ?? any info would be appreciated..

Regards, Mike ;P :} ;P

rosco1585

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey mike
youre from the toronto area right?
what pet store did you go to?

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
congrats mike! ;) nice to hear you finally got one.. i hope you enjoy it bro.. your gonna have to show it to me sometime, i've never seen one in person yet but in pics they look pure evil! they seem fun to own and you always have the advantage of it not kicking hairs at you..

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks DI, it is a awsome looking T. and it is in PERFECT condition....looks like the previous owner took good care of it....just hope and pray it is a female :} most of the collection sold to the petstore was female from what I could tell..rosco I got the T. from Port Credit Pets on the Lakeshore...

Regards, Mike :}

rosco1585

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thats cool
congrats on getting an awsome T!
did u go to the reptile expo on the 18th?

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ya, I went to the last two...and I will be at the next one as well...lots of cool stuff to look at...

Regards, Mike :}

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
if its not female i no about a millon breeders who would pay you top dollar for a mature male C.crawshayi since they are very hard to find.Anyways congrats on the new Tarantula.

josh

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks papasmurf...I will keep that in mind....

Regards, Mike ;)

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have read that females have thicker back legs....males do not have this feature?? any truth to this...when I got the T. yesterday I noticed the back legs were a little thicker than the rest...just thought it was because they dig so much...any info would be appreciated..

Regards, Mike

KingCrawshayi#1

Arachnopeon
Male Kings are puny fuzzy and have no fat hind legs. They dont get much over 4inches. I own about 100 or so Kings (That is Adults Juvies and babies included). If you are interested check out the past thread titlied the Tragic End To King Baboon Love.... Those are some of my personal photos.....Chris

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
KBs are really cool...however, you won't see it once it's settled in..unless it settles right next to the glass :)
If you've got a male, you'd actually be LUCKY with this species...but you most likely have a female, as everyone has pointed out.