New juvie P. miranda! :)

Jake94

Arachnopeon
My general rule on that is: Don't have a constricted top, where the only place for the spider to go is where your hand is. It's like a funnel directing the spider towards you. When they're in panic mode and running, anything moving close to them is fair game to be bitten. In their minds they think the large ugly predator could kill and eat them at any moment. I've gone over 40 years without a bite. I don't want to spoil my record at this point.
Yeah this really is the most important thing. Even in comparison to the health of the tarantula, being bitten and hospitalized could result in trouble for the hobby as a whole, which would be the worst case scenario in my mind. (Other than a baby dying I guess.)

Jake94

Arachnopeon
The ventilation looks fine.

I use sterilite, so I drill all my ventilation. First, I hope you were drilling before it was set up...lol. After I'm done, I take a knife and remove those excess pieces that remain attached. Then I clean the enclosure before I set it up.

You want a great enclosure at a low price, use streilite...all my pokies are in sterilite tubs. $5-8

As for water dishes, if its covered over, just add another water dish on top. Often when I re-house ts, I excavate a half dozen to a dozen water dishes.
Hey I've got kind of a similar question, and was hoping I could get an answer without having to start a new thread :)

Do GBB's/Dry terrestrials need side/cross ventilation? I've got two of mine in cylindrical, transparent frozen yogurt jars with several pee sized holes in the lid : http://imgur.com/a/eNocp

The paper isn't there anymore

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Hey I've got kind of a similar question, and was hoping I could get an answer without having to start a new thread :)

Do GBB's/Dry terrestrials need side/cross ventilation? I've got two of mine in cylindrical, transparent frozen yogurt jars with several pee sized holes in the lid : http://imgur.com/a/eNocp

The paper isn't there anymore
no, but it couldnt hurt.

Jake94

Arachnopeon
no, but it couldnt hurt.
Okay. I'm planning on moving them into 32 oz. 'somethings or anothers' in a couple days. That's how I've got my first one set up currently, with more cross ventilation, and just a few on top. She seems to do okay.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Okay. I'm planning on moving them into 32 oz. 'somethings or anothers' in a couple days. That's how I've got my first one set up currently, with more cross ventilation, and just a few on top. She seems to do okay.
those cages look fine to me. i wouldnt bother rehousing till they are 1.5-2" or so, then i 'd go for a couple plastic tubs or kritter keepers.

Jake94

Arachnopeon
those cages look fine to me. i wouldnt bother rehousing till they are 1.5-2" or so, then i 'd go for a couple plastic tubs or kritter keepers.
Okay cool, I'll go with that then. do you mean 1.5-2" from fangs to spinnerets, or DLS?