*New* Jumping Spider Enclosure

JumpingNerscylla

Arachnosquire
Hey everyone, I decided to move my jumpers (male and female) out of their habitat, (which was a 6.5' tall jar) into a 2.5 gallon aquarium. I've coverd all exits (except for a feeding flap) with mesh to insure that there are no escapees. It's kind of bland for now, with just some plants and a feeding area, but I hope to expand, make it better and decorate, any advice from you guys/gals?

Attachments

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Wow, they'll have quite the palace in there! Hope they really enjoy it. You'll want to make sure there are plenty of separate hiding spaces so they don't come across each other, otherwise you may only have one jumper in that enclosure.

JumpingNerscylla

Arachnosquire
Yeah, I know. Even when they've came across eachother, there have not been any aggression towards one another which is pretty cool imo. There's two males and two females in together, so I'm suprised about the no aggression.

jerremaniac

Arachnopeon
Much better digs than most jumpers get to enjoy in captivity! Nicely done :) I'm sure they appreciate your effort!

Majo

Arachnopeon
That's one cool enclosure man ! But isn't that a problem that they can slip under the tissue or is that for a reason ?

JumpingNerscylla

Arachnosquire
Thank you! And yes, that paper towel is there because 1. They're an arboreal species, and 2. because they can get moisture ffom it

Majo

Arachnopeon
True, didn't see it from that point. Is that a special paper towel ? I am trying tissue on my jar it seems working... Also i m gathering the more infos i can to make my own vivarium